Mandy (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 12 Votes
Title: Mandy (2018)

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Horror

Director: Panos Cosmatos

Cast: Nicolas Cage, Andrea Riseborough, Linus Roache, Richard Brake, Bill Duke, Ned Dennehy, Olwen Fouéré, Clément Baronnet, Alexis Julemont, Line Pillet, Ivailo Dimitrov, Hayley Saywell, Paul E. Painter

Release: 2018-09-27

Runtime: 121

Plot: Pacific Northwest. 1983 AD. Outsiders Red Miller and Mandy Bloom lead a loving and peaceful existence. When their pine-scented haven is savagely destroyed by a cult led by the sadistic Jeremiah Sand, Red is catapulted into a phantasmagoric journey filled with bloody vengeance and laced with fire.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Holy shit. I cant even...they had me at chainsaw fighting.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hell yeah collecting a paycheck in style. None of that Bruce-just-woke-up-Willis shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Something about the trailer looked familiar, and turns out it’s the same guy who did “Beyond the Black Rainbow”. Glad to see he’s getting better budgets and cast, because this looks badass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
d20xr7gbcsi11.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

I am one of "those guys" but it seems the visual experience of these types of movies is the only aspect given form - these types of movie annoy me.

Usually many people leave these types of movies and have lots and lots to talk about- because you have just snapped out of a visual hypnotic journey for an hour or so...then your analytical brain starts to digest the "content" - aka story, characters etc. and you are left wanting - because rarely are those things are substantial - so you get people that then say "fun ride, thanks" or then those that try and draw out more from the content, that is not there- because there is nothing more to draw from.

I guess I am disappointment because many of them (these type of movies) could actually have some deep lore, story and lasting characters.

• 2Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Just got back from en early screening. It was really fucking weird but also really fucking good. It's basically two movies and the second is the most Nicholas Cage thing that has ever been put on film. It was a lot less extreme than I was thinking it was going to be. I went in thinking Takashi Miike type disturbing images and it was much more subdued than that. Siliconemelons Siliconemelons it's about 50/50 pure visuals but it pays off. Very beautiful movie and the actual title card shot is fucking amazing

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy shit this was awesome. I was not expecting that.

vlcsnap-2018-09-14-18h38m10s326.png

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Watched it on iTunes a couple nights ago. It's fucking mental. It's a combination of a heavy metal album cover and crystal meth. It's awesome. You'll need therapy afterward

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Going to see this next week at a festival. Fucking pumped. Nothing beats unrestrained Nicolas Cage crazy.

• 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Watched this last night with the wife. Sold out theater. It starts a little slow, then turns bat-shit crazy about 1/3rd in. If you want to see what Nic Cage made into a movie would be, look no further.

7/10 and worth a watch; more-so if you REALLY like Nic Cage.

• 2Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's like Nick Cage took a lot of LSD and played Far Cry 5 and decided he wanted to make a movie.

A+ will watch again.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This was absolutely fantastic in so many ways. My only regret is that I wasn't high when watching it.

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database