Maniac

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Maniac

Genre: Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2018-09-21

Creator: Patrick Somerville

Cast: Emma Stone, Jonah Hill, Sally Field, Justin Theroux, Sonoya Mizuno

Overview: Two strangers find themselves caught up in a mind-bending pharmaceutical trial gone awry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hot as fuck? She has fish eyes, pasty skin, and a smoker's voice all the time.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Three thoughts so far:

1) This show is weird but I can't stop watching it.
2) Jonah Hill is terrible at accents.
3) The headsets are made of copper CPU cooler heatsinks.

• 1WTF

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've enjoyed the first few episodes so far. The visual style is great. It's also nice to see Gollum getting more work, even if he has to play a blonde.

Edit: Finished it and it was great. It's charming, funny, visually striking, creative, well written, and has a great cast that brings it home. Very much worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This show is strange. Good strange. Unique. But I did notice the cpu heatpipe heatsink on that one headset. Interesting use of materials. Little bit of HAL 9000. Little bit of Matrix. Would suggest.

• 1Like

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I loved this, it sort of had a Akira meets Legion art style to it. I have to wonder how much of it was inspired by Psychedelics due to it's use of hallucinating drugs and a guide (in this case a computer) to work through your pain and suffering to free you from it. I'm really enjoying the growing number of really weird/beautiful but some how workable shows that have been coming out lately.. this definitely reminded me of American Gods/Legion.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Justin Theroux was fucking great. Jonah Hill was good and Emma Stone was fine. Sally Field was pretty fucking good for her small part. About the ending:

I don't know what it was. I think people at face value will just be like "oh yay they're happy" and other people will realize it's exactly as Owen predicted. The two of them, escaping trouble in a car, happy as friends. Does that mean it's still in his mind? Is he precog? Who knows. I'm sure it's probably the first thing, but I think there's definitely ambiguity if you look closely.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Boring, couldn't make me look up from my iPad long enough to follow what was going on. Boring to look at and boring to listen to.

Sad how many shows I judge by whether or not they are able to distract me from IiPadding.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
On episode 6 so far. I feel like this series is going to take a second watch through to fully "get," but I'm not sure I'll actually WANT to watch it again once I reach the end. Tho I am enjoying it to an extent.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ending would have been much better if a semi had come down the road and smashed them both flat.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
It's quirky and interesting and I enjoyed it a lot.

Horrible title though. Legit bad. I would go so far as to say the title is the worst part of it.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boring, couldn't make me look up from my iPad long enough to follow what was going on. Boring to look at and boring to listen to.

Do you tend to dislike most sci-fi films that aren't action oriented (e.g. Moon), or was it something specific about this one you think?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database