Mare of Easttown

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She's a good actress, that's for sure. I knew a woman (not a cop) who was run into the ground for various reasons, and Kate captures that exhaustion pretty well.
She does a really good job thats for sure. Her level of not giving a fuck and wanting to deal with someones bullshit is topnotch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watching the first episode of this. Its surprisingly interesting for not a lot happening. I keep watching this and thinking what a piece of garbage white trash this kids baby daddy is. He lets his new girlfriend trash talk and beat on the mother of his kid. Wont get the 1800 for his sons ear surgery etc. Fuck this guy.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Good episode. The end caught me off guard but I like it. Who is the bad guy??? It’s an HBO who dun it!

Side note...I wanna punch the grandchild’s junkie mom in the face. Bitch.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Kate Winslett's good in this and the shows decent. Just hope it doesn't shit the bed like some previous HBO stuff.

• 1Like

Animosity

Her Philly accent is so on point. I wouldnt be surprised if she wins a bunch of awards for her performance in this.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just watched the first two episodes. Pretty good. Has kind of a BBC crime drama vibe to it. That grim, dark feeling surrounding seemingly "normal" people.

I think this is why I like the show. I enjoy crime dramas featuring what I would consider average people, not super detectives.

Bets on whether the priest is actually involved in this or if its a red herring? I can't tell at this point whether its going to turn into a "Catholic Church bad" theme for shuffling pederasts around between parrishes or if she called him and he went to pick her up to take her home, fight ensues, she gets out of his car and now he has to dump her bike so they don't pin the murder on him. The child molesting priest angle just seems like low hanging fruit. If it was the priest, I feel like he would molest and murder more so than maintain a kidnapping and rape dungeon. My vote is red herring.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
So if that part at the old dudes house after his wife dies doesn’t make you laugh? You are Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush Durtfeet levels of retarded. That was funny as all hell.

Good episode. They have two to wrap it up.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just getting caught up from last week's episode but I don't like how...

Quicksilver went out.. He wasn't exactly a necessary character and the whole love angle wasn't necessary... Still, he was in condition 1 and was out drawn by a dude drawing from behind his back off balance and 360 no scoped him? It was shocking, but, meh

Otherwise it seems fine. Have enjoyed it so far.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It didn't seem off to me. The guy lives with his mom, solved one case that was actually solved by a dead PI, and Mare had to tell him to draw. Nothing about him really said the dude should be a steely eyed killer. Odds are it was the first time he'd ever drawn while on duty let alone under duress.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just getting caught up from last week's episode but I don't like how...

Quicksilver went out.. He wasn't exactly a necessary character and the whole love angle wasn't necessary... Still, he was in condition 1 and was out drawn by a dude drawing from behind his back off balance and 360 no scoped him? It was shocking, but, meh

Otherwise it seems fine. Have enjoyed it so far.

The shot was high-cheek. There’s no way he’s dead.

Animosity

He was definitely setup to be the likable guy goofball who you sympathize with when he ultimately dies. I did like his character, he had some funny lines. The love connection felt weird and out of place.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fucking Bullshit cliffhangers man!!

I think the they want us to believe it was John and not Billy. Billy is just a drunk that doesn't remember anything. But I think it was actually John and Lori's son. Mr go do your homework upstairs. And I think that because this show is kind of fucked up. And that's what John was talking to him about when Lori overheard him and just thought it was another affair. And now John is trying to protect his son from an investigation? That's where it gets a little weird for my theory. I'm assuming he told Lori because he knew she would tell Mare, hoping there would be some kind of Mexican standoff where Mare eventually kills Billy and kills the investigation along with him, since the father thinks it was Billy and saw him all bloody.

I don't know what the deal is with the burned notebooks and Dylan + the other two kids though

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Animosity

I was about to be so mad if that kid drowned in the bathtub lol. So many stupid ass people in this episode and so many cliffhangers that they are leaving until the final episode to wrap up.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was about to be so mad if that kid drowned in the bathtub lol. So many stupid ass people in this episode and so many cliffhangers that they are leaving until the final episode to wrap up.

I know, I actually said out loud "No... they aren't gonna fuckin do that. They can't do that! Come on!!!!"

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was about to be so mad if that kid drowned in the bathtub lol.

I was right with you. If he was dead I might have quit watching the show with only one episode left. That would have been so cheesy.

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fucking Bullshit cliffhangers man!!

I think the they want us to believe it was John and not Billy. Billy is just a drunk that doesn't remember anything. But I think it was actually John and Lori's son. Mr go do your homework upstairs. And I think that because this show is kind of fucked up. And that's what John was talking to him about when Lori overheard him and just thought it was another affair. And now John is trying to protect his son from an investigation? That's where it gets a little weird for my theory. I'm assuming he told Lori because he knew she would tell Mare, hoping there would be some kind of Mexican standoff where Mare eventually kills Billy and kills the investigation along with him, since the father thinks it was Billy and saw him all bloody.

I don't know what the deal is with the burned notebooks and Dylan + the other two kids though

I agree, I think it will turn out to be John. It makes sense given he told his dad "Lori thinks I had an affair". He was probably being honest there in implying that he hadn't had another one, at least not with the woman Lori was thinking it was. I'm not sure if his son is involved somehow or just knew about his dad's relationship with Erin.

I'm not sure how the other kids tie in. The picture the girl gave to the LT was probably of Erin and John.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Well.....they certainly wrapped that up. I guess it wasn’t Guy Pearce! That dude got some sex and was like I will call you “when I settle in”.

I liked how they showed pretty much everyone in the end. They closed it out with no loose ends.

It was a good show and I would absolutely recommend it for a binge watch.

• 2Like