Marvel Heroes 20xx

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I find it really annoying that cosmics don't give the shards. It wouldn't be worth it to do the ones you don't care about just for a cube shard, but it would be nice to get one the first time I do Doc Ock or MODOK. Btw, is there an easier/quicker cosmic that gives 3 bonus chests? I'm just trying to get a ring now.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
MODOK is the only 3 chest cosmic I know of. Cosmic rings might be replaced when they introduce Unique rings in a couple weeks...

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doom has 3 chests too, and is the best place to try and get cosmic Tombstone medallions.

You can go into the doom fight with 100 mobs to kill and still get the third chest.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
MODOK is the best cosmic because (as of at least a few weeks ago) elites that have the "Summon AIM" property the summons count towards the bounty. So you can get a pack of them and just wander around while they constantly spawn shit on top of you to kill. Then inside MODOK you can easily get another 20 kills. It also doesn't take forever to kill MODOK like it does Doom.

Also this sounds insanely cool:NyuBomber comments on Save your splinters. Team ups coming with Captain America movie.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
Post from the forums about a guy who ran cosmic Kurse 400 times and still no medaliion, Doomsaw's response:

"To provide some insight - looking at the loot tables, Gem of the Kursed is the rarest of all the specific boss drops (even rarer than Hand of Doom), so it's possible you could get it on your first kill or it's possible it could take several hundred kills.

I think it's still a little too rare, frankly, but it's much better than it was 24 hours ago.
Depends on your rarity boost, but I believe it's 1 in 200 and Hand of Doom is 1 in 100.

With numbers like that, there will be people who get 10 drops in 100 runes and people who get 1 drop in 1000 runs.

I'm going to time the difference in the two fights this weekend and see if we can up the Kursed one based on length of fight compared to Doom. Volunteers to do some tests would be welcome as well."

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Now they just need to add paragon levels or make achievements worth doing D: Damn diablo has got me hooked again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Now they just need to add paragon levels or make achievements worth doing D: Damn diablo has got me hooked again.
Yeah, that's my one complaint about the game. There's very little investment in a character, especially if you get lucky with uniques.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Same - I guess I didn't realize how much I missed getting new gear and having it change my characters appearance (as much as its power). That is an important hook for me I've realized. I understand how impossible it would have been in this game, but I have to say I prefer having it available in D3. Still got a shit load of play time out of this game for $0, and will come back to this when I've run out of shit to do in D3.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's supposed to be different about the loot when you do the current event boss? I just did cosmic Fisk Tower in a full group and all I got was the usual pile of blues and purples. Can't complain because I got a very nice Weapon X insignia with brutal and crit rating on it, but I definitely wouldn't have known there was anything special about the run otherwise.

Edit: Nm, I shut off auto-join party and did cosmic Kurse by myself and it was obvious he dropped double the normal amount of stuff (i.e. two medallions).

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's 4x the normal loot off of the boss during the "hunting" hour. This is the list of bosses and times that they drop 4x lootMarvel Heroes 2.32 Patch Notes - Marvel Heroes(terminals = green/red/cosmic (bosses only)). Each tiny event lasts 2 hours with I think the Kurse one lasting 4 due to daylight savings time. The loot isn't any better, there is just more of it. Also, unless something changed, even though they drop 4x the loot, they will only drop one medallion.

Edit: Someone in chat just mentioned they had 2 medallions drop so... no idea :p

Duppin_sl

shitlord
The special random character box they're running this weekend is stupid as fuck. Two tokens for the same random character? Why would I want that?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Cheaper than buying heroes outright and you get a free upgrade to their ult. (Duplicate hero tokens are used to upgrade that heros ultimate)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A bit disappointed with this event but still kinda cool, props to Gazillion for trying different things, might not always work out but gotta respect the effort.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Doop waves are now random (and don't happen enough), and now there's a shitty reward chest at the end. The best I've seen it drop yet is a crappy cosmic, and it was mostly green/blue/purple.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Eh, the drops are still better than anywhere else for time spent. It's still the best place to gear a fresh 60 and doop's being random can actually help. I've had 3 doop waves by 15 in some of em, that end chest can drop some pretty good stuff if you get far enough too.

The only real reason to do cosmic terminals is for boss specific drops and cosmic rings, for everything else (uniques, random drop artifacts, special items etc) X-Def is still better. I haven't done any holo sim, I wonder how that is for drops.