Marvel Heroes 20xx

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what exactly do you do when you hit 60? I tried a cosmic and got slaughtered. Am I correct in assuming that some cosmics are easier than others?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The only thing you really need to farm is X-Def. Some heroes just plain suck for cosmics, even when geared decently. And yes, some cosmics are much easier than others. With the Odin's Palace cosmic being about 20x harder than any other cosmic out there because all the trash in there can pretty much one shot even the tankiest characters. Those giants are seriously overtuned.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't dismiss the team ups in terminals until we get better gear for them.

Also, I got a 650k brutal on Wolverine with the Falcon buff up.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Unless you just really like the character I'd just wait for his rework. Not to say he's bad at 60, but he has some of the worst AoE of any ranged character, though his single target is pretty good. They nerfed his Kinetic Bubble I believe, but I think it still makes his leveling much easier, so I'd get him to 50 just for his synergy.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How good/bad is Cable? He's easily the worst level 1 I've played yet
Bad survivability and sustain but good damage output. He is one of the few characters with teleport so he makes for a very efficient farmer. You basically just rotate his AOE DoTs while firing his single target basic then repeat.

Khane

How do people spec Hawkeye? Before they took out damage meters he was one of the few heroes who could keep up damage wise with my Storm in X-Def on a consistent basis (only a handful of scarlet witches and dr. stranges were also able to) but he feels so... lackluster while I'm levelling him. I have his passives, three round burst for bosses, pym twin arrow as his basic and explosive arrow for AE with 1 point in shrieking arrow for the taunt. Doesn't seem that great.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I say bad newbie experience, I mean I was having trouble killing the first mobs in the prologue. It was pretty terribad. I'll probably level up Thing instead and see how bad life is as a melee.

Khane

You can make any hero "good" at level 1 by just adding affixes to the costume. The rank 1 and 2 affixes don't cost much but substantially boost power at level 1.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So are you supposed to speed through cosmics to kill the boss, or do you clear all the trash for drops?

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Depends partly on what character you use and what you are going for loot wise. Obviously if you are after one of the specific boss drop artifacts best to just blitz them, but for more loot in general I find doing the AIM terminal and getting the 3 chests is best. Now saying best doesn't mean that much, I feel cosmic loot is still pretty shitty overall, even with this Double Bonus event the chances of getting a cosmic ring are way too low.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Depends partly on what character you use and what you are going for loot wise. Obviously if you are after one of the specific boss drop artifacts best to just blitz them, but for more loot in general I find doing the AIM terminal and getting the 3 chests is best. Now saying best doesn't mean that much, I feel cosmic loot is still pretty shitty overall, even with this Double Bonus event the chances of getting a cosmic ring are way too low.
What all can drop rings, just cosmic chests?

Khane

So I did a couple timed runs last night in cosmics on Storm and plan on doing some more tonight to figure out what's the most efficient. I can clear The Hood's terminal from start to finish and get the bounty in about 3 minutes. Takes about the same for Doc Oc, and the Juggernaut terminal to get all 3 chests took me about 16 minutes (the mob density kind of sucks in that terminal). All without any deaths. Modok could be more efficient because mob density is good and you can get about 75-100 more kills in his room while you kill him but he's also more dangerous.

My Storm is built for mana regen and survivability right now (though I still need a few more "perfect cosmics" because her uniques outside of her cape and bracers suck).

Speeding through cosmics is kind of pointless since red and green terminals are way faster and drop the artifacts/medallions as well. If you aren't going for the bounty chests don't bother with cosmics.

That being said I'm still trying to put together a good split cosmic farming group. If everyone in the group has decent clear times you're looking at a lot of bounty chests and much better chances at good drops. At that point I believe it's better than X-Def but nobody seems to want to do it.