Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

yep
marvel revoked the license
gaz went out of business
new company bought gaz, relaunched some of the other games, but don't have marvel rights

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Shame.. I thought it was a decent game. It may be too late of an idea now but I have always thought the Marvel Universe really lended itself to a MOBA. They could have really rode this popularity wave with a LoL Marvel given all the skins, abilities, etc. Could be really cool.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So now that this thread has been bumped, what are people playing instead of Marvel Heroes?

I missed having a laid back game I could go and mindlessly grind between Path of Exile seasons but I recently picked up Warframe and its filling a lot of that niche for me. Ive also run into a number of ex-MH players who were playing and felt the same way.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game wasn't all that popular, largely why it was shutdown.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game wasn't all that popular, largely why it was shutdown.
Ackchually it was decently popular before the final year when they started making all sorts of terrible changes that nobody liked.

I actually got so sick of it that I just abruptly stopped playing when I was nearly done with my 42nd cosmic prestige.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As Gavin said, the game was fairly popular and definitely had the playerbase to fund additional development. They lost some developers and started making some truly terrible design decisions, lost Brevik, Marvel saw the writing on the wall and pulled the license, and that was the end.

I had like 1200+ hours into this game, which is A LOT for someone like me.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Marvel also pulled the license from other games, I think they were just the victim of Marvel trying to take more control over everything.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had like 1200+ hours into this game, which is A LOT for someone like me.
yeah it really scratched the autistic itch for me.

mhplayed.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I autistic-d my way into disliking the game by trying to do characters in the optimal order for shared bonuses instead of just raising ones I enjoyed playing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
one of my friends was blowing all kinds of cash on this
Animated GIF
MH is the only game that has ever gotten me to spend money on cosmetics but I kept myself to some strict rules and never went crazy like some people did. The only time I ever chased costumes that were gacha only was the skrull imposter set, and that's because that gacha was super generous (because the costumes were super low effort and ugly as fuck but they cracked me up and i loved them) so I assembled the full set very easily.

No ragerts.

• 1Like