Marvel Heroes 20xx

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Havent played the game in some time and when loading it up it had like 49 upddates to do. Many hours later it still isnt finished. This has to be the slowest patcher I have ever incountered in a game.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when i first downloaded the game a few weeks back it only took an hour or two.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Anybody found a way to change the email address associated with an account? The email address I'd been using to subscribe to this has been overrun by hacking attempts and I gave up on using it after I got tired of changing my password every few days.
I had to email the customer support to change the email. No manual way to change it that I could find.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Wow, Black Panther is fucking awful right now. I would LOVE to main him but he's quite literally the weakest character I own at the moment. I can't even bring myself to run him four more levels to get an extra melee damage synergy.
Yeah, I had to go full boosts to tolerate 45-50. He's just terrible. No AE and his single target is only ehh.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'd start a new account, I'm not sure how it would effect your existing account but the first time you go through the story there are two quests that give 100 Eternity Splinters each (they are the in game currency used to purchase heroes and costumes among other things). Storm is very, very powerful right now. One of the most powerful heroes available. Hawkeye and Colossus also seem strong though I've not played either of them. Human Torch just had his revamp. The rest of the starting cast is mostly meh.
Just installed this based on people's opinion in the D3 thread and looked at my old account - it has Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch, in chapter 1-2. That means I missed the 100 tutorial splinters but got a second hero out of it, and will get the other 100 splinters for playing through normal? None of the new starting selection particularly tickle me so if I'm up one hero and still get those 100 splinters I'll just keep the old account.

Do they not have settings for mouse speed/accel? It's very slow while in game and I dont want to mess with my regular mouse settings.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No idea if you'll get the splinters on a new character. You could make a new account and try, the first splinter reward is very early on. I only started playing like a month ago.

Just turned in 175 splinters for a random hero, got Deadpool. Fuck yea.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ya, ive had 6 dupes out of my last 7 heroes. Finally got cyclops at the end and was just happy to see any new hero.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What does one do for splinters? Ive gotten some as just normal drops here and there but thats it. I really think they need to redo the in-game tutorial stuff because as a newer / returning player the Legendary quest and Challenges etc were a total mystery to me until I read about stuff here

Delly

Trakanon Raider
What does one do for splinters? Ive gotten some as just normal drops here and there but thats it. I really think they need to redo the in-game tutorial stuff because as a newer / returning player the Legendary quest and Challenges etc were a total mystery to me until I read about stuff here
They drop every several minutes or so. You get some for completing the tutorial and completing the main storyline the first time. You can also get some as daily prizes on weekends but that is rare.

It is meant to be a grindy way to "earn" heroes/items. The 175 splinter random hero box is your best value unless you already have 50% of the characters.

Also once you reach level 20, if you go into your quest log there is a big old popup talking about legendary quests. I still get it on every character that gets to 20. It might be easy to miss it though.

Edit: Right now I'm sitting on 530 splinters.. I'm thinking of saving up until 575, buying one random and if I'm not satisfied I'll buy a 400 splinter hero. Though right now I have so many level 1 heroes I just need to grind some of them to 25/30 for the bonuses.

MossyBank

N00b
I've been burning out on MH, after getting 21 heros to lvl 60, and gearing out my Scarlet Witch with the best drops I could find.. (did 65 t4 modok runs to get a good headband artifact for her)... but I still feel the need to grind Eternity Splinters, and since they drop on a hard coded timer (every 5 minutes they are allowed to drop again), what i've been doing lately, is running MH and Hearthstone at the same time, do a hearthstone match, then tab into MH kill a few mobs get a splinter, tab back out, and do another HS game. :p Works pretty well atm.

Got enough atm for new heros coming out in the next few months, and saving a bit at a time for some of the older ones i'm missing. My goal is to get all current heros and have a surplus for the future. This game tickles my OCD is a baaaaad way.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
What's the point of doing cosmics? Just getting better gear so you can do cosmics faster? Prepping for raids that will be put in eventually?

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
Anyone know how to (or if you can) move a steam game over to a different drive destination? I was reading that MH will preform much better on a SSD, and I didn't have the room before to install it there.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
That pretty much sums it up Duppin. With the recent change to LQ's and Cosmics not counting for them, it sucks. Not that doing cosmics for LQ's is the most efficient time wise, cause it's not, but having a LQ in a fairly easy cosmic was a bonus for the increased loot chance. Although I swore one or two LQ's counted when I went through a cosmic terminal for them...coulda been drunk too.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Alright, because Cyclops seems to sortof suck in cosmics. I need to find someone who rocks at them, that I can stand to play. Maybe Hulk?