Marvel Heroes 20xx

joz123

Potato del Grande
Finally one of the codes worked. Got Nightcrawler. Any good ways to build him for leveling?

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally one of the codes worked. Got Nightcrawler. Any good ways to build him for leveling?
The problem with NC is that he is such a spirit hog, and it sucks at low levels, so itemize for Spirit and Spirit regen to reduce OOM rage. Generally, max all of his passives (except the sword one unless you want to use a sword build), and max Flash and Grab. The most common strategy for NC is to drop Burning Brimstone (his aoe dot) and then F&G every enemy right into it, and just keep spamming F&G until everything is dead. For leveling, I had great success with Blink Strike and Dive Bomb, and of course Shadowmeld (1 point wonder here). I highly recommend Blink Strike because it is so much fun to spam (it just isn't as effective at max level, so you will need a retcon once you hit 60). His sword tree is lame and boring imo, so no advice there.

Goatface

is the xdef tokens still broke or do i suck
did it 3 times with mid 40's sw, 12, 14, and 10 rounds, got 1, 0, and 1 tokens

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gotta get to around wave 19 before you'll see 5 tokens from one x-def

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got 4tokens for wave 24 yesterday so meh. But yeah basically if you want xdef shared, you need to do it on a 60, as 60s are a lot more geared compared to the difficulty so it's a lot easier to get to higher waves. If I do xdef while leveling, I only get to 10-15(or fail at 3-4 sometimes) but at 60 pretty much every xdef is 15+ and most are 20+ which gives 3-4tokens usually, and sometimes 5+ at once. At 10-15, you get 0-1token per run, so it takes forever.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What do you buy with the tokens?
Nothing, they're for the shared daily, you need 5 tokens when it's xdef, or you need to complete 10waves of holosim when it's that. Holosim takes like 5mins and can do it at any level easily, xdef takes 10-30mins and definitely want to do it at 60. Shit's fucking annoying.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Codes to get various boost bars, for those not keeping up on reddit/official forums:

BaconisGreat
AmthuaRaids
MobsofMayhem
RyolnirsBeard

(all case-sensitive)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can add PsiLockeHeartsBetsy to that list. Think they're all boosts so meh, but eh it's something anyway.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome thanks.

I've come to the conclusion I suck at this game. Either that, or everyone else is just amazing at it. I'm playing Wolverine, and did Holo-Sim with a guy playing Thor and he just stomped through waves that I would have failed on without him.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Awesome thanks.

I've come to the conclusion I suck at this game. Either that, or everyone else is just amazing at it. I'm playing Wolverine, and did Holo-Sim with a guy playing Thor and he just stomped through waves that I would have failed on without him.
We've had a few discussions about this, and I'm convinced that certain heroes and moreoever, some combinations are just flat out better than others in Holo/x-def. While this should be no real surprise, us veteran gamers tend to believe we can buck the trend a fair bit. We aren't wrong -- but quite often we're not really playing to our fullest potential.

I'm primarily playing Emma Frost, and while doing low level x-defs, if I had a Wolverine in my party I could almost guarantee that we'd hit wave 15 at the minimum. Wolverine's massive single target damage combined with Emma's AoE DoTs -- and most importantly her immortal pet that tanks everything like a champ gives any group with that combination an incredible base to work from.

The second big factor is gear, and by gear I'm talking about R3+ legendaries. If you see a prestiged hero in your 1-40 x-def you'll probably do well, especially if you are also prestiging and have a legendary ranking up.

The third is control, it's important in x-def that you keep damage off the students as much as possible. Meaning that stuns, knockdowns, taunts and displacement/weakness abilities make a huge difference. While raw DPS is important, it's not the only thing you need to succeed and rank higher in the waves. Post 20, those students can die very quickly if you leave mobs beating on them, and you won't have the DPS to plough them fast enough.

Lastly, you can get a pretty big boost from the crafter and maxing out your costume at low levels as well.

If you think your knowledge of a hero is weak, or you think you suck, try looking at the official class forums and finding the Cosmic Kurse timed contest threads specific to that hero. You can pick up gearing information, spec, playstyle and videos. Honestly, the guy that ran that competition is a genius and the final quality of the runs that ended up being done was staggering. Plenty of really good information you can tweak your build/gear and playstyle choices from.

I did a Cosmic MODOK run with Flipmode and embarrassed the shit out of myself by dying over and over and over again during the run. I'd fucked up and charmed a shitty mob, and until I zoned it, would remain without the bonuses that Emma's pets normally get, making it useless for tanking. Normally I could get the pet to tank and never really get hit. I was a tiny error that I didn't really appreciate til I'd gone back, and worked out just how badly I fucked up. Grabbed another decent pet, and solo'd cosmic MODOK without dying like a boss -- pretty sure Flip will never group with me again though =D

As always, say hi to us in game and grab a Super Group invite (Byrr, VorphRR, Sabbat, Arica) if you're loning it up, you'll find a few of us online at any time of day, willing to help out.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Nah we were fine! Death doesn't phase me and cyclops was getting murked in cosmic Modok. I died more than you lol! But we killed shit fast and got loot. I'd rather run in a group than solo any day!

Goatface

any idea what the population cap is for midtown? whatever it is, should be lowered. zone has crashed on me twice during reaper time. then i end up in a new one with 1-2 other people lol.

as for loot, got 39 relish but around 60+ of the others and only 13 balls.
also gotten 15 sentinel arms, 6 torso , but 0 heads before this, i thought the arms were the rare drop

bayr_sl

shitlord
I would love to get back into this game but I have so much shit in my inventory from this anniversary stuff one look at it and I just quit. Just got black panther from the last giveaway too. I have tons of guys I want to play right now

Vorph

I wish taunt actually did something. AFAIK it only works for pets. "Tank" heroes can spam their taunt all day long and the mobs will get taunted status but it does absolutely nothing to change their behavior. Taunt was supposed to be reworked before raids, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Taunt has always worked for me outside of bosses. And even then some skills could (or used to) perma taunt even bosses (Deadpool's dolls and Black Widow's mines)

Vorph

Those are probably considered pets, like Hawkeye's shrieking arrow.

Cosmic Challenge does absolutely nothing, other than apply the 10% damage debuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For me hawkeye arrow doesn't taunt jackshit once it's been taunted, taunt goes on immunity for like 10secs until you can taunt again, similar to other CC. Black widow taunt seems to works all the time though, and Deadpool does too from what I heard. Actual taunt I don't know I tried Hulk's taunt for a bit and it didn't seem to do shit like ever so meh. CC in general has very limited usage on bosses and such, besides the few CC that go through immunity you can use to interupt stuff(for example IW's sig or storm's surge with both freezing and gusting tempest) or very long CC you can open up with(like Hawkeye's freezing arrow which gives you like 15secs of freeze as an opener once it's leveled high enough, which is pretty hilarious).