Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can change the buttons in the system settings
You can, but the issue is more complicated than that. People are used to the bottom button being "OK" and the right button being "Cancel/Back". That doesn't mean I'd want Jump/Synergy and light/heavy attack reversed in game though. The problem is strictly with the labeling being opposite of Xbox, and Ok/Cancel being the Japanese way that no other company keeps the same in the west.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
You can change the buttons in the system settings, but meh, I've gotten used to it in all ways save the menus, and even then it's becoming more natural after 40 or so hours. Still annoying. I'm sure it's gonna fuck me up when I go back to my Xbox...

i don't think on switch you can change buttons, at least i didn't find any place and a few googles says there is no way to do it. i'm used to it, its not a huge deal, but it is weird.

i did learn tho something interesting, PS4s in japan apparently follow Nintendo's button schemes - X is back and O is forward/accept, just like B and A on switch. I guess everyone in japan standardized on that scheme, but we gaijins in the west don't follow.

Kiki

Log Wizard
What's funny is they just released the Phoenix movie but she's no where to be seen in this one or the DLC. But good ole Wolverine is here.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i don't think on switch you can change buttons, at least i didn't find any place and a few googles says there is no way to do it. i'm used to it, its not a huge deal, but it is weird.

i did learn tho something interesting, PS4s in japan apparently follow Nintendo's button schemes - X is back and O is forward/accept, just like B and A on switch. I guess everyone in japan standardized on that scheme, but we gaijins in the west don't follow.
System, Options, Controls tab, Button Settings

20190724_172609.jpg

20190724_172550.jpg

20190724_172602.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So Psylocke is 100% Energy ability based, but has 3 strength group modifiers.

Have you figured out a max Mastery group? Besides the 10% with Scarlet, Elsa, Strange and Ghost Rider.

Vorph

For a hybrid group, there's Elektra, Elsa Bloodstone, Gamora, Psylocke. You get 10% STR and 9% MAS, which isn't too bad considering the max MAS bonus is only 10%. They have 1% VIT and 4% ENE too.

Personally I don't think team bonuses are nearly as important as having great synergies, tank (with aggro ISOs)/CC, and at least one hero that can delete stagger bars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
4x XP glitch for characters you have access to their solo infinity challenge.

Vorph

To revisit the earlier talk about alliance upgrades...

Energy hex is a waste. 10% XP is trivial compared to the ISO-8's you get later on (there's 80% ones for both one hero and for the whole team locked away in Superior/Ultimate difficulties). I still like ENE nodes though. I think that overall ENE is the best stat, since spamming synergy attacks as much as possible is the easiest way to win.

None of the 'all nodes' bonuses are really worth a damn except for the one in the initial hex that unlocks the final ISO-8 slot for everyone. Contrary to rumors "all special nodes" does not mean all of the center hex unlockables; it means the 3 on the outer vertexes of each hex. They're slightly larger and they can be recognized easily because the left and right ones cost 100 EP and the center one costs 130 EP. Still pretty expensive to unlock but it's vastly better than having to unlock every single node on the outer 6 hexes.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been having a blast with this game. Two friends also bought it and I'm looking forward to some online play

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I played like 60 hours or something the first weekend it came out, I just haven't touched it again for no reason whatsoever. It's really fun, though.