Marvel Universe stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jonathan Majors' punishment for the guilty verdict in his assault and harassment trial is in ... and he's avoided jail time.

The actor went into court Monday in NYC with his attorney and his girlfriend, Meagan Good, by his side. He looked solemn and serious, and didn't stop for questions. A judge sentenced him to a one-year intervention program that'll be completed in L.A.

As part of his program, he'll have to do 12 months of counseling ... one session per week over the course of 52 weeks. The D.A.'s office says if he doesn't comply with the conditions set here, he could face time behind bars.
i dont think anyone expected him to get jail time. in NYC the cops get attacked and the attackers are back on the street with no bail. a disney star isnt gonna do any time.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Only way this is acceptable is if she is the Silver Surfer for the F4's origin universe and she doesn't follow over ino the main MCU universe.
She's definitely supposed to be from the origin universe. Whether or not she crosses over is a different story. But if they intend to make Surfer a man later on, this will do nothing but confuse the average (retarded) viewer and likely trigger all kinds of "they're replacing women!" screeching. My feeling is that they will either keep her (even if it is a different variant of the character again) or they will just never have SS in the movies ever again. Both of which suck.

spronk

FPS noob
this silver surfer is based on Shalla Bal, who was in the comics in the 1970s

i do like how that wiki mentions she married Dr. Doom and interacted with Mephisto lol

never got into F4/SS so don't know anything about her but I don't think this is a gender swap thing, and honestly she is young and white and not fat so i'm kinda shocked. never watched ozark so dunno how good the actress is

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There being a female Silver Surfer in the comics that literally no one cares about means jack and shit.

Norrin Radd is Silver Surfer and has a detailed storied past, his own comic, and TV show even.

Claiming Shalla-Bal is somehow a equitable swap shows you're reading wikipedia and have no idea what you're talking about.

It's a stupid fucking choice and follows a pattern of stupid fucking choices made by Marvel over the past few years.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
this silver surfer is based on Shalla Bal, who was in the comics in the 1970s

i do like how that wiki mentions she married Dr. Doom and interacted with Mephisto lol

never got into F4/SS so don't know anything about her but I don't think this is a gender swap thing, and honestly she is young and white and not fat so i'm kinda shocked. never watched ozark so dunno how good the actress is
Shalla-bal was Norrin Radd's gf in the original universe. Norrin becomes the Surfer and is the main one we know. The Shalla-bal Surfer is from another universe where she became the Herald instead of Norrin.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Shalla-bal was Norrin Radd's gf in the original universe. Norrin becomes the Surfer and is the main one we know. The Shalla-bal Surfer is from another universe where she became the Herald instead of Norrin.
How many comics was she even mentioned in? How many comics did she have any actual powers in? Don't play stupid there's a gay or woman spin off of every marvel character. Doesn't mean anyone ever heard of them or that comic ever made any money. Silver surfer is one of the most iconic villains and was featured a lot in the old x-men cartoons.

Goatface

How many comics was she even mentioned in? How many comics did she have any actual powers in? Don't play stupid there's a gay or woman spin off of every marvel character. Doesn't mean anyone ever heard of them or that comic ever made any money. Silver surfer is one of the most iconic villains and was featured a lot in the old x-men cartoons.
according to marvel fandom, shalla-bal (615) had 55 appearances and 37 minor appearances
shalla-bal (9997) with surfer powers had 5 appearances in the earth x books from 2000

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The real sadness is that anyone still gives a fuck.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah thats why i am puzzled why anyone gives a shit, it doesn't matter who marvel casts the f4 and x-men movie will be shit. I have zero confidence in them making anything remotely watchable except Deadpool 3 and thats only cuz of Jackman and Ryan Reynolds and their shtick.

It doesn't take chatGPT to predict Thunderbolts, Captain America 4, Agatha All Along, X-Men, Fantastic 4, Young Avengers, Wonder Man, etc will all be turds at the level of The Marvels or Ant Man 3. doesn't matter who the cast really is.

the only minor bright point is they seem to be pivoting away from casting the fugliest people around, so thats one tiny ray of hope in a black hole of suck

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
Been quite a while since I read X-Men. Let's see what's up.

In addition, Kamala even earns Doctor Doom's respect, as shown by him preparing Halal food for her at the joint dinner.
Hmm.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

That's a big loss.
"Studios filming in the UK benefit from its Audio-Visual Expenditure Credit which gives them a cash reimbursement of up to 25.5% of the money they spend in the country."

Sounds like they have faked the production costs being higher to make up for lower ticket sales, as they get this reimbursement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user