Marvell SATA Chipsets

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Does anyone have anything good to say about them, at all? Mine just died a horrible death for some reason and I have to replace the motherboard because of it. Going forthis motherboardthis time around, mostly because it has eSATA that won't force me to use the Marvell controller at all, ever.

But seriously, has anyone ever had any good experiences with the Marvell controllers under Windows (I run Server 2008 R2, but whichever version), and if so, what driver/firmware did you use? I was never able to get anything but subpar performance out of mine, which is why I used it for my backup array and nothing else.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not true 6 Gb/s for sure. I think it's pretty much a know issue that they suck.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck Marvell in the ass, SATA3 my ass. Marvell 88SE9128 stay far and away from that piece of shit controller if you want sata3 performance.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Unfortunately I have to use the one on mine because I had the first generation p68 chipset with the intel s-ata 2 bug. So I had to move my hdd raid to intel s-ata 3 and my ssd to the marvel so I don't lose all my shit from the raid. It's slower, but it's not that much slower, in day to day usage I haven't noticed the difference between them.