Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Oh cool I've been waiting to see how they were going to introduce...umm...Hmmm. Okay did anyone actually read Secret Warriors or do we only know about it because we read the Wikipedia on Quake?

Column_sl

shitlord
I read a little bit of it, seems interesting. I know Leviathan is involved with that which is a story line they have going in the Agent Carter show, so may be able to tie it together quite nicely.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've read some of the issues, only cuz when it was revealed Skye was Quake I wanted to check it out. I haven't kept up with comics though since like 1993-4. I just read trades when I see something I like.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm guessing I'm the only one that followed up with and read Secret Warriors?
short synapsis, might have some shit confuddeled (cuz it's been almost 10 years)

Nick Fury is on the outs with SHIELD cuz he fucked up that Secret Wars thing and Maria Hill is Director or Director lite, BUT Nick Fury knows shit is happening that ONLY he knows and he has to assemble (not a pun) a team of ppl that are UNTOUCHED by outside influences. (We later learned this is the pre-pre lude to Secret Invasion where many of the top heroes were replaced by Skrulls at one point or another)

He begins with Daisy a mutant with quake powers (obviously here she's an inhuman), he's basically trained her and looked out/for her since she's been in SHIELD. How much does he trust her? she has level 10 access, only Fury has level 10, even Maria Hill only has level 9, I believe Cap has level 9 as well, given his status as Captain fucking America. (later on it is reveal Widow has level 10 access as well, no one knew about, except when the triskelion was going into a deadfall, or blew up or some terrorist attack and Maria Hill with her level 9 access couldn't do shit, then Widow stepped up with her level 10)

Anyway it's a big deal she's about the only human Fury trusts, he later recruits more ppl, mostly young kids who almost thought about being SHIELD or a superhero, or just has powers, basically untouched by the current gen, they're as young as like a 10yr old Phobos, Ares' son.

They are trained, blah blah, go on missions that affect the outcome of fights/battles, that's about it really.

They made a cute team, but nothing memorable really, they didn't really seem to do much, and their status really is just up in the air.

Column_sl

shitlord
Wow, you guys thought the last half of season 2 was boring? I must have been watching a different show.

I'm sure they are just going to be using aspects of the comics, and not a straight translation. SHIELD has always been a boring comic , but the show is fine.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, they turned it around for the last half of season 2. Before that, yes, it was boring as shit. and most of season 1 was boring as shit too.

I mean I still enjoy the show, but it absolutely drags at times.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So are they going to release DVD's for the 2nd season? What about Agent Carter?

I have my Season 1 SHIELD discs happily in my Marvel Movie collection. I still need those 2 to finish my ever growing collection of physical media entertainment.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Director Coulson gets a robotic hand for season 3. Here is the SDCC 2015 poster for the season 3.

rrr_img_102397.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
you can recognize Agent May because she's an incredibly racist caricature of an Asian.

Who the fuck drew that, and even crazier, who the fuck approved that as official advertising for the show?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh i recognize em all, except the one below Coulson's robo hand, but I assume that's supposed to be Grant. But Fitzsimmons does not look very much like Fitzsimmons, I can only tell who Lincoln and Grant are by process of elimination.