Marvel's Jessica Jones

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh, they are keeping both somewhat grounded so that Daredevil can kick their ass when the time comes.
In general, the Marvel TV/movie versions of the characters are weaker. Look at Avengers. Hulk and Thor are way more powerful than shown in the comics. Drax from GotG is pitiful in the movie, he's as powerful as Thanos in the comic book. Power Man (I refuse to call him Luke Cage) and Jessica Jones are a lot weaker in the TV show.

rrr_img_116863.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, that is Power Man curb stomping Juggernaut. And he's done that several times now.

rrr_img_116865.jpg

HUH_sl

shitlord
She didn't plan on having Kilgrave go to trial, she just wanted Hope to get off. Her intention was always to kill him after she had evidence to free her. The reason it's stupid is because a ton of people ended up dying in her attempt to exonerate 1 girl
I might be crazy but I remember in one of the early episodes Jessica says she doesn't want to kill him, but instead have him suffer in jail for the rest of his life and never be able to control anyone anymore.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Characters are just as inconsistent in comics as they are in the show
This is pretty common in every comic book/adaptation. Look at the flash I love the series but the power level is just all over the damn place. I can run faster than the speed of light but apparently thats not fast enough. And when fighting criminals he runs up super speed then slow punches them in the face.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I might be crazy but I remember in one of the early episodes Jessica says she doesn't want to kill him, but instead have him suffer in jail for the rest of his life and never be able to control anyone anymore.
You are not imagining it that was what she wanted to happen. It just became clear it was not possible although she made every possible attempt to do so.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Jessica's powers don't make any sense. If it was that easy to break her bones she'd fucking die every time she super jumped or used her strength to stop a car. Getting knocked out by fucking nobodies was stupid. Also, this must be some alternate reality where every wall is hollow between two sheets of dry wall. Looked ridiculous every time someone was thrown through a wall.

That said, Killgrave was amazing and I liked all the casting. It certainly started out stronger than it ended but I still want them to push these types of shows out, hopefully they'll get better. Hell 90% of the time that Jones used her powers it was to break a fucking lock.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Finished the series, would give it an 8/10.

Other than the obvious gripes with her wildly fluctuating power set and the stupid shit that happens because the plot needs it to happen instead of it following logic, my only real gripe is a major problem at the end.

the villain made the series and the show. I assumed she would get a season to introduce the character, just like luke cage and iron fist each getting a season and then the next we see her (other than in luke cage cameo's) is defenders. But the end of the season clearly is setting up for a season 2. and how the fuck do you do a season 2 here?

Like the joker made the dark knight the film that it was. Killgrave did that for this show. yeah she's "complicated/broken character" but she's much less interesting than even batman, who is kinda boring. What is season 2? a complete 180 turning it to a police procedural as her using her unpredictable powers in zany ways? Like some kind of mentalist or numb3rs or Castle? the show will never be the same, it should stand alone as the character introduction and then she's used only as support cast as part of the ensemble. I don't see her carrying a season with her "problems" being interesting, or how the gritty noir feel of this season carries on with a completely different kind of villain.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I liked it, power levels were retarded like they are in the movies. Not sniping or shooting him was just terrible and the only way to kill him was getting into arms reach? The whole reason for not killing him prior was just dumb, the Dude is killing people daily and you wont kill him because you want him in prison which wont fix shit.

And I also laughed at this show being more about powerful women but every female was stupid. The fucked up every turn from stupidity where the Male characters all got dragged into bullshit. Nuke, Luke Cage, Killgraves father, and Eka all got put in these terrible situations because of stupid actions from the females

Brad2770

She had a larger attachment to Hope than the others. That girl went through the same shit Jessica did. Jessica probably felt obligation no matter the cost.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So Hope gets out of jail and Killgrave just talks his way out of prison instantly? the whole plot of sending Killgrave to prison was dumb as shit

Raes

Vyemm Raider
She had a larger attachment to Hope than the others. That girl went through the same shit Jessica did. Jessica probably felt obligation no matter the cost.
Thanks so much for pointing that out to us. We must be too stupid to figure out obvious shit.

Sarcasm aside, it's not that we can't figure out why she wanted to capture him instead of kill him. It's simply the fact that the "why" is retarded. You don't let all those people die just to save one innocent girl you just met from going to prison. Itmighthave worked better if it had been Trish instead of Hope. At least there the conflict would be more acceptable. It's just shitty, lazy writing in an otherwise decent show.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
And I also laughed at this show being more about powerful women but every female was stupid.
yeah this was actually balanced where all the chicks had power (of various kinds) but still were women and thus were retarded and it was the men who had to come up with all the obvious solutions. Spec Ops guy after 1 single altercation with kilgrave figures out you need to snipe/bomb/take him out from a distance, and to bring zipties to subdue innocent mind puppets. Lester freeman after getting the bare basic "something's not right here maybe there's something to this" brings a roll of duct tape and has to tell her to use the damn shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
OTOH -- it is a comic book show, and follows comic book logic.

It's dumb as shit, we have to take that as granted. But if Batman did the sane thing (like -- just execute the Joker without a trial the first time he tries to kill the entire city) then there's no story. In a lot of ways you've got to think like a 13 year old, or else you have to take the story into Superman Tyrant -- where he enforces world peace because a) he can and 2) he's just plain sick of the shit.

I guess you have nothing but deaf prison guards for kilgrave. But he has a right to both a trial and self-representation... so yeah, the entire premise of capture is purdy dum.

But it is comic book logic, and it is womanly.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just finished watching this last night and it was decent but not great. Most of the issues I have with this show are spelled out already in the thread. Inconsistent powers is kind of the big one.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thought the first 7-8 episodes were pretty good, seriously annoying after that and got bogged down near the end. Even though it kind of started unravelling I would watch more if it were released.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thanks so much for pointing that out to us. We must be too stupid to figure out obvious shit.

Sarcasm aside, it's not that we can't figure out why she wanted to capture him instead of kill him. It's simply the fact that the "why" is retarded. You don't let all those people die just to save one innocent girl you just met from going to prison. Itmighthave worked better if it had been Trish instead of Hope. At least there the conflict would be more acceptable. It's just shitty, lazy writing in an otherwise decent show.
I'm ok with a character making an emotional choice over a logical one. I also don't consider it shitty writing just because the main character was naive or didn't have a perfect plan.

The power thing was really distracting, though, and was such a stupid way to advance the plot.

On another note, Kilgrave is one of the top villains for me. So much suspense and so disturbing every scene he's in.