Marvel's Jessica Jones

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
she knew about the 12 hour timer. She knew about contingency plans for sure. while "kill your parents, is an odd command, and not likely one she could have foreseen. "kill yourself" IS. And she made no attempt to disarm, or tie her up. Hope harming HERSELF was even more likely.

her being really dumb also comes up with Kilgraves parents. They have the vids of the boy with mind control. but "can't prove Kilgrave was that boy". so they have vids proving mind control is real. even if they can't prove kilgrave is the one doing it. that alone would be a huge for hopes defense. But then she gets his parents, the ones IN the video. Their testimony, paperwork, and/or blood tests would prove both real, and the connections to Kilgrave. They do not need to go into his room at all. and of course, they go in.. without any restraints or anything...
Since Hope didn't do anything the whole time she was in Jessica's apartment it's understandable she didn't think there was anything deeper going on. Waiting the full 12 hours (assuming Hope even told the truth about when she last saw Kilgrave), tieing her up, strip searching her, and drugging her all would have been better options in hindsight.

I don't think her not being perfect and seeing through a huge elaborate plan she had no reason to suspect in the first place counts as a plot hole

Also, agree with you about his parents. That would have been a good route to go in order to prove Hope's innocence. There was the issue with the lawyer cutting the wire which was their fail safe, but they really should have had him in restraints as well.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Which were the strongest shows, after around 8 or 9 it started going downhill.

8 days is awhile?

Continue using Spoilers.
yeah 8 days is plenty, nobody should be checking threads a week after a tv season ended and not be expecting to see open discussion on that show.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
the critics all didnt watch the full season, one only watched the first 7. Also all the reviews on the flash are based on the Pilot, not the full seasom which is more retarded than RT or IMDB
Enough time has passed for the reviewers to change their scores, if they'd have changed drastically. Some of them did.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So tell us, herr tarrant what do you suggest is a reasonable time to openly discuss a show that was completed over a week ago?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think a Netflix show that all releases on the same day needs some extra time. Not everyone binge watches

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spoilers. Continue to use them.
Go pound sand. The entire series has been out for a week. I waited until I finished the entire series before I came to the thread, so can anyone who isn't a fucking retard.

Kilgrave makes Reuben cut his throat in Jessica's bed, Simpson turns out to be a total fucking whackjob, Jessica's druggie neighbor is the one spying on her for Kilgrave, Hogarth sets Kilgrave free but gets her wife killed in the process, Hope kills herself to make Jessica stop trying to negotiate with Kilgrave/bring him in alive, and holy shit I totally didn't recognize Rebecca De Mornay was Trish's mom. Not bad for 56.

Xevy

Log Wizard
To be honest, I've watched half the season and I plan to continue to finish it. I watched the first episode of Daredevil and had no interest to follow up. Daredevil just felt like it was more the story than the characters and Jessica Jones is more the characters than the story. And from what I saw from DD they had the action too. For whatever reason, DD just didn't lure me in. I'll probably finish it next time I get the flu or something.

...but then again I've seen every episode of Sex and the City, so maybe that's just my tastes. (No YOU'RE a nancy!)

Caliane

Going to be honest here, I'm not a Marvel guy and I had only heard of Jessica Jones from the old Marvel Max comics, so my investment in the character is next to nothing. Halfway through so far and I enjoyed Daredevil quite a bit more but maybe that's because I read the Miller arc back in the day.

What exactly is her back story powerwise? I'm seeing above average strength and that's about it. Was she always a tortured PI? I'm going to finish it up over the weekend but so far DD much better.
Yes, she was created for Alias. Which has her as an PI for Alias Private investigations. The story "retcons" a past in with Kilgrave. the superheroics as Jewel. And, details/anecdotes her childhood growing up in Midtown with Peter Parker, having a crush on Johnny Storm(and Peter).

Strength stronger then Capt, weaker then spiderman. (by only a little.) durability, about on par as both. Not bulletproof. but, close to it.
Can fly, but requires practice.

In comics, her resistance to mind control comes from Jean Grey putting a psychic block on her.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Yes, she was created for Alias. Which has her as an PI for Alias Private investigations. The story "retcons" a past in with Kilgrave. the superheroics as Jewel. And, details/anecdotes her childhood growing up in Midtown with Peter Parker, having a crush on Johnny Storm(and Peter).

Strength stronger then Capt, weaker then spiderman. (by only a little.) durability, about on par as both. Not bulletproof. but, close to it.
Can fly, but requires practice.

In comics, her resistance to mind control comes from Jean Grey putting a psychic block on her.
So going to use terms I'm familiar with, your basic meta human and written in an darker vertigo comics type of series? I've got 3 episodes to go and while it's good I liked DD much more for Marvel stuff. I thought Luke Cage was good but was hoping to see some reference to Ironfist but I'm assuming that does not happen.

What's next after this, second season of DD and then Defenders? I'm thinking of the 70's version and I thought that had Hulk and Son of Satan or something like that.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Question on Killgrave...

The thing that bothered me is they said Killgraves power was the result of a virus taking hold of those it came in contact with. It's one of the reasons he had a range and why after 12 hours it wore off.

So why would making him stronger have given him the ability to do it through the phones or TV's?

Caliane

So going to use terms I'm familiar with, your basic meta human and written in an darker vertigo comics type of series? I've got 3 episodes to go and while it's good I liked DD much more for Marvel stuff. I thought Luke Cage was good but was hoping to see some reference to Ironfist but I'm assuming that does not happen.

What's next after this, second season of DD and then Defenders? I'm thinking of the 70's version and I thought that had Hulk and Son of Satan or something like that.
yeah. the Max series was basically Marvel's, Vertigo. All gritty reboots essentially. all pretty good.

yeah. no Ironfist yet.

Caliane

Question on Killgrave...

The thing that bothered me is they said Killgraves power was the result of a virus taking hold of those it came in contact with. It's one of the reasons he had a range and why after 12 hours it wore off.

So why would making him stronger have given him the ability to do it through the phones or TV's?
speedforce

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Question on Killgrave...

because the story demanded his powers increase. in its current standings jessica and every other non english speaking person in the world was immune to his words. so they had to amp things up so we could have that scene by the docks.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They really shouldn't have gone the whole virus route. The only role it played story wise was the whole vaccine thing. Even that quickly forgotten and never mentioned again. It just leads to so many things that really don't make any sense.

Caliane

They really shouldn't have gone the whole virus route. The only role it played story wise was the whole vaccine thing. Even that quickly forgotten and never mentioned again. It just leads to so many things that really don't make any sense.
Ive tried to figure out why they went "viral" vs "pheromones" in comic. theres a few options I've come up with. 1. STD. This version of events plays into the rape scenario far more. Comic version, she was not actually physically raped. He commanded her to WANT him to have sex with her, while he had sex with everyone else he controlled. So I think the idea here was to invoke the idea of a rape victim being infected with STDS. Hence her immunity later. He is physically infecting everyone around him. 2. Just the immunity idea, her building a resistance or whatever. They may have felt it being viral, allows for her to suddenly grow a defense or something. granted viral.. not bacterial for anti-bodies. /askshittyscience probably.

also, makes interesting note, as a virus. Capt A, Wolverine, etc should be immune to him.

Just another fyi, comic Kilgrave also has regen. hes died repeatedly, and keeps coming back. (of also possible note, has sired many purple children)

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I look forward to seeing if next season they mix in any monster of the week episodes, or if they stay with one big bad dude. I would think that her being a P.I. brings in plenty of opportunity for changing it up each episode.

I guess at some point they will have to rescue nuke then let him kill a bunch of people and deal with the child testing people.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the latter half of the show more than the first episodes almost entirely because Kilgrave is an interesting villain. It was fun seeing him chew scenery.