Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He wasn't pointless, he was just a boyscout playing off'a Miranda's bad cop attitude in the first mission. Only then to become more pedantic as time went on. It was good for a time, but I can see how somebody can think that way.

I'm glad he existed because we got to meet the true P.I.M.P. of the Milky Way.

His Dad...

maxresdefault-jpg.136703

Ronald Taylor

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Plus, you had to expend those resources that you gathered to upgrade every single piece of equipment you had. Nomad, weapons x 2 (those damn points and the mats for them), armors x 2, Nexus, etc. It just felt like I was going out and grinding for everything up to max level to feel one tenth as powerful as I was in ME1 with an M8 Avenger.

Gee, what fucking fun.

I got about 4 hours in when I realized just how little there really was to do outside of time sink activities like gathering X amount of unobtanium to make whatever weapon infinitesimally better. I can grind resources in larger, more interesting worlds if that's how I feel like spending my time.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
I went through a phase where I cared about 100%ing games then I realized I was spending way less time actually enjoying the games I was playing. I went and got one achievement in as many games as possible to ruin my percentage and it broke me of my addiction. It was very freeing.

Edit: I realize this part of the conversation is a few weeks old now. That's what I get for not looking at the page numbers.

Fucking this, man. Zelda games broke me of this. My current formula when deciding whether to do a thing in a more open game is 'do I want to do it,' or 'do I want to have had done it.' If whatever thing I'm about to do isn't something I'll enjoy and want to do for it's own sake, I don't do it. When I applied that formula to Andromeda, I quit very quickly.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
He wasn't pointless, he was just a boyscout playing off'a Miranda's bad cop attitude in the first mission. Only then to become more pedantic as time went on. It was good for a time, but I can see how somebody can think that way.

TBH Kaiden Alenko had a bit of the same problem, but at least his biotic backstory was kind of compelling and some of his conversations were interesting. Jacob was one dimensional without those benefits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kaiden made choosing who died on Virmire easy. Jacob couldn't even manage something like that.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it weren't for Jacob we wouldn't have all those hilariously pervy comments about spying on his workouts from Kasumi.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Kaiden made choosing who died on Virmire easy. Jacob couldn't even manage something like that.

Yeah Kaiden made that one a no brainer for me. Jacob could have been interesting during his father's backstory mission, but was not. You could have swapped in pretty much any moderately 'good' NPC for Jacob during that mission and the lines would have worked about as well.

That's actually got me thinking about something... what if Bioware made like a reverse HK-47 type character? A guard droid that has stereotypically basic hero characteristics programmed into it, so aggressively dull and one dimensional that it could be the straight man in a buddy cop comedy. That'd be more interesting than Jacob and about half the party members in Andromeda to me.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jacob being an android, created by Cerberus and the Illusive man would have been pretty awesome. A terminator type reveal near the end of the game, where he gets half his face blown off and you see the metal cheek and red eye, SeemsGood.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Jacob being an android, created by Cerberus and the Illusive man would have been pretty awesome. A terminator type reveal near the end of the game, where he gets half his face blown off and you see the metal cheek and red eye, SeemsGood.

Oh shit that's way better than my idea. It would have saved his whole character. It'd be even better if Jacob didn't know til the reveal either.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finished ME2 last night. Downloading the extended endings for ME3 right now, seriously thinking about at least picking up From Ashes. May have been some serious bullshit that they cut him from the main game to package as DLC, but god damn Javik is fucking hysterical.

I don't know why I find him so funny either. He's pretty much a carbon copy of Kreia/Morrigan/Fenris, but for some reason he cracks me up instead of coming off as an insufferable cunt/prick.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished ME2 last night. Downloading the extended endings for ME3 right now, seriously thinking about at least picking up From Ashes. May have been some serious bullshit that they cut him from the main game to package as DLC, but god damn Javik is fucking hysterical.

I don't know why I find him so funny either. He's pretty much a carbon copy of Kreia/Morrigan/Fenris, but for some reason he cracks me up instead of coming off as an insufferable cunt/prick.

Javik is better than Morrigan and fenris. He's such a racist asshole. If you go renagade it's great.

I love how they thought they were going to get some enlightened being and they unfroze Archie Bunker.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah decided not to get it. Buying it would pretty much defeat the purpose of having pirated it on PC a few years back specifically so I could try it out without giving those fucks money. Plus I'm planning to play through as an adept this time around and the particle rifle won't be terribly helpful.

You will be missed Ser Javik.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah decided not to get it. Buying it would pretty much defeat the purpose of having pirated it on PC a few years back specifically so I could try it out without giving those fucks money. Plus I'm planning to play through as an adept this time around and the particle rifle won't be terribly helpful.

You will be missed Ser Javik.

Just sit back and relax. Ol Reg your hook up.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yeah Kaiden made that one a no brainer for me. Jacob could have been interesting during his father's backstory mission, but was not. You could have swapped in pretty much any moderately 'good' NPC for Jacob during that mission and the lines would have worked about as well.

That's actually got me thinking about something... what if Bioware made like a reverse HK-47 type character? A guard droid that has stereotypically basic hero characteristics programmed into it, so aggressively dull and one dimensional that it could be the straight man in a buddy cop comedy. That'd be more interesting than Jacob and about half the party members in Andromeda to me.

Honestly the only thing that kept me playing as long as I did was the Arks. Rescuing them, seeing if the universe would get back to normal. Rescued the turian ark, got gated by the game on the asari one, decided that no amount of shit was worth this.

If I have to jump that high to get through your fucking hoops, then your fucking hoops are too fucking high. And from everybody, the universe doesn't even return to normal after rescuing the arks.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am expecting they will announce the inevitable DLC / plot extension sometime in the next week or so.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
They should scrap it because there is no way in hell it's selling.

I'd assume the plot expansion was on the development roadmap from the beginning, and probably was complete (or nearly so) when Andromeda was released. I doubt it'll sell terribly well, especially given Bioware's history of never dropping the price for their DLC.

• 1Like