Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I should really play more Space Marine :( Been sitting on my Steam account for years.

I didn't like it at the beginning, but by the end of the campaign I loved it. My only real complaint is the way they keep switching the slots of the close up and long range weapons during the campaign. Didn't really mess with the MP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wish I didn't have so many games to play. Gamefly sent me 2 games finally. I sent back Dishonored 2 in about 30 minutes. Not sure why I can't get into those games. Last Guardian I want to love but am struggling with controls and camera to the point of major frustration. Also have to Finish Nier (Long ways to go there) and barely even touched Persona 5.

spronk

FPS noob
be careful of persona 5 it triggers some sort of MMO grinding shit in me, I've had multiple 8 hour sessions in it so far and I am actively trying to avoid playing for a few days. literally dreaming at night of what i am gonna grind next in that game.

i felt the same way about the last guardian, i wanted to love the game but i fucking hated the controls and traded the game in after 4 hours. i'll play again sometime when its on PS+ or whatever

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
"Maybe that's why Bioware games always speed down the uncanny valley like a herd of autistic wildebeasts" is an awesome sentence.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've put about 24 hours into this give or take and that's probably 24 too many. Game sucks, combat sucks, game is a laggy pos on a PS4 Pro, graphics glitches even after the patch, and I just have no desire to keep going. The ZP review is dead on, all of these trash EA games have the same garbage plastic NPC's standing around with terrible animations waiting to tell me their life stories that I have zero desire to hear. The new alien race design is fucking 100% trash, they fucking look terrible in all situations.

The Mako'ing around planets to fucking do boring quests to revitalize every planet is such a crap mailed in design, it was boring on the first planet why would you keep this exact fucking design on every planet? Talk about performance, watching the pop in from foliage barely 10 feet in front of me is just embarrassing garbage in 2017, most especially after playing an amazing game like Horizon : Zero Dawn.

Really, when you get down to it, this isn't a space game, it's a boring cover shooter with bad/boring weapons, performance issues, and a dumbed-down approach to your squad from previous efforts. The story is shit, the writing is shit, the performances are shit.

I've put off playing Zelda for THIS?

Sorry Mass Crap but

1e0.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Apollo64

N00b
I'd put this on the level of cash-in sequels like Kotor 2 and DA 2. Oddly enough, i am having fun with it so far, probably because of my lowered expectations.

Definitely not an overall steaming heap of shit, there is still an ok game worth playing underneath the weird animations, cringey dialogue and the pulp sci-fi novel story negatives.

People are being excessively harsh on it because of:

1) It's a chance of getting back at Bioware for the universal butthurt the ME3 ending created and also their recent mediocre games.
2) Current state of politics.
3) Witcher 3. Set the bar too high for the rest of this type of games.

...among other things.

If this was made by a studio not named Bioware and the Mass Effect name wasn't attached to it, it'd probably be well received.

That being said, i am all for Bioware getting crucified, sends the right message to the gaming industry. Don't fuck up like you did in the past, so you don't get put in a position like this.

• 3SJW

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Matrix Revolutions would have won Oscars if the Matrix name wasn't attached to it

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'd put this on the level of cash-in sequels like Kotor 2 and DA 2. Oddly enough, i am having fun with it so far, probably because of my lowered expectations.

Definitely not an overall steaming heap of shit, there is still an ok game worth playing underneath the weird animations, cringey dialogue and the pulp sci-fi novel story negatives.

People are being excessively harsh on it because of:

1) It's a chance of getting back at Bioware for the universal butthurt the ME3 ending created and also their recent mediocre games.
2) Current state of politics.
3) Witcher 3. Set the bar too high for the rest of this type of games.

...among other things.

If this was made by a studio not named Bioware and the Mass Effect name wasn't attached to it, it'd probably be well received.

That being said, i am all for Bioware getting crucified, sends the right message to the gaming industry. Don't fuck up like you did in the past, so you don't get put in a position like this.

Horizon: Zero Dawn just ruins your inane rambling. No one used it to get back at how shitty Killzone was. Current politics didn't inform opinion on the story or reception. And people are able to both agree W3 and HZD are excellent games, while ME:A is trash.

Wwhhhhaaaaa mysoggyknees!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The Mass Effect name and developer pedigree are the only reasons this game isn't scoring lower. Without those no one would give two shits about the game, reviewers would pan it, and it would quickly fade into the obscurity it deserves.

• 3Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The Mass Effect name and developer pedigree are the only reasons this game isn't scoring lower. Without those no one would give two shits about the game, reviewers would pan it, and it would quickly fade into the obscurity it deserves.

Yah, as just another shit stain on the industry called CoD. That's about the only thing that's about half fun when it comes to this game, the combat. It's pretty sad that Spider can write you under the table with their limited budgets. In that game, I actually felt like I was on Mars.

Here, it barely feels like you're in a spaceship.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's right guys, Donald Fucking Trump ruined Mass Effect, even though it was developed Canada!

• 1Like

khalid

Unelected Mod

Agreed pretty much. Given the history of this forum, it was clear before the game came out that it was going to get panned here regardless of the quality. It coming out in a completely substandard state put the trolls into a frenzy.

• 3SJW
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Agreed pretty much. Given the history of this forum, it was clear before the game came out that it was going to get panned here regardless of the quality. It coming out in a completely substandard state put the trolls into a frenzy.

You're on pretty thin ice to be calling other people trolls when you're one of the people who acts like the only thing wrong with ME3 was the ending.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users