Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

khalid

Unelected Mod
You're on pretty thin ice to be calling other people trolls when you're one of the people who acts like the only thing wrong with ME3 was the ending.

I've never claimed ME3 was a perfect game, but yes I think it was a great game outside of the ending. Kai Lang was dumb, didn't remotely ruin the game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I've never claimed ME3 was a perfect game, but yes I think it was a great game outside of the ending. Kai Lang was dumb, didn't remotely ruin the game.

More or less agree. Ending sucked, Kai Lang was kinda lame, but it was a pretty solid game otherwise.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'd put this on the level of cash-in sequels like Kotor 2

Ok first things first with this post. This game has Jack shit on KOTOR 2 which was a good game and not even made by Bioware but Obsidian. Cut short because of EA pressure. Otherwise, story and character wise, Kotor 2 blew the original out of the water as did Fallout New Vegas to Fallout 3.

Definitely not an overall steaming heap of shit

Yes. It is.

People are being excessively harsh on it because of:

1) It's a chance of getting back at Bioware for the universal butthurt the ME3 ending created and also their recent mediocre games.

Oh shut up with this nonsense. No one is butthurt over anything. If anything, people were waiting for a new game to get over the last one and this drove the knife in further and twisted it for full effect.

2) Current state of politics within what's left of Bioware

FTFY.

3) Witcher 3. Set the bar too high for the rest of this type of games.

Hahahaha. Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, where EFFORT was given to development with actual quality writing and game play with a variety of fun content and character building isn't a bar set too high. The bar has been set TOO LOW for pieces of shit companies like EA now for YEARS. Minimal development, most profit, hire a bunch of no talent panzies, and this is what you get.

Set the bar too high. I hope I hear this on a 10k with EA's report scapegoating that as why this garbage pan failed.

If this was made by a studio not named Bioware and the Mass Effect name wasn't attached to it, it'd probably be well received.

By who? Richard Simmons?

That being said, i am all for Bioware getting crucified, sends the right message to the gaming industry. Don't fuck up like you did in the past, so you don't get put in a position like this.

They already fucked up in the past with DA2 and learned nothing. Why? THEY AREN'T THERE ANY MORE. Bioware doesn't exist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The Mass Effect name and developer pedigree are the only reasons this game isn't scoring lower. Without those no one would give two shits about the game, reviewers would pan it, and it would quickly fade into the obscurity it deserves.

I dont know if I agree with this. I mosly seeking it get 7s, About right to me for what the game is. If this wasnt Bioware and Wasnt ME it would just be random studio game with massive flaws that got a 7 rating.

The name and studio take it from a half broken shit game to a massive failure.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I dont know if I agree with this. I mosly seeking it get 7s, About right to me for what the game is. If this wasnt Bioware and Wasnt ME it would just be random studio game with massive flaws that got a 7 rating.

The name and studio take it from a half broken shit game to a massive failure.

I agree with Rafterman. Those scores are padded from being even worse because if they blast it like they want too, they know EA will punish them when it comes time to get exlusive content to write about with their Star Wars games / hence lose revenue.

It's the way it works in gaming journalism. And needs to stop as far as I am concerned. It's shady as shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I agree with Rafterman. Those scores are padded from being even worse because if they blast it like they want too, they know EA will punish them when it comes time to get exlusive content to write about with their Star Wars games / hence lose revenue.

It's the way it works in gaming journalism. And needs to stop as far as I am concerned. It's shady as shit.

Look at its peer scores. From what I see they are rating it on par with Mafia 3, below Ghost Recon, below or on par with Sniper elite. its not even close to actual good games. Thats about right to me. Number doesnt matter to me. Compare it to other scores on the same source and its about right.

I do agree a couple sites tap danced around shitting on it as bad as they could have, but the scores match out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
By peer scores are you referring to user scores? Because if so, metacritic user scores are aggregate to about 4.7 across all platforms. Which is about right. 4.7 equates to a pile of trash.

Where Ghost Recon and Sniper Elite are scoring higher. Which is really saying something.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I wrote that shitty,.
I mean reviews of "peer games"....games that have come out over the last 2 years. Compare the score one source gave this, then 10 different games, good and bad, and youll see the number score falls in line. Lower than better games, the same as shittier games.

user scores can fuck right off on all games. Mutants, Aspies and neck beards ruin every single game score. Getting an accurate user score is like seeing a unicorn.

• 1Salty

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I wrote that shitty,.
I mean reviews of "peer games"....games that have come out over the last 2 years. Compare the score one source gave this, then 10 different games, good and bad, and youll see the number score falls in line. Lower than better games, the same as shittier games.

user scores can fuck right off on all games. Mutants, Aspies and neck beards ruin every single game score. Getting an accurate user score is like seeing a unicorn.

True :)

Apollo64

N00b
Way to go from zero to full retard in the very first sentence.

Kotor 2 was the very definition of a rushed cash-in game. Much smaller budget and development time than the original and it showed. But back in the day they at least tried to save appearances. I personally didn't like it much, i remember more stuff from the original than the second one.

• 1Salty
  • 1SJW

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Kotor 2 was the very definition of a rushed cash-in game. Much smaller budget and development time than the original and it showed. But back in the day they at least tried to save appearances. I personally didn't like it much, i remember more stuff from the original than the second one.

And that had nothing to do with Bioware as you elluded to in your original post because Bioware had nothing to do with it. Obsidian did and then EA forced the launch. DA2 would be a good comparison, and you think they (EA as Bioware is dead and gone and only a brand name now) are going to learn from Mass Effect Andromeda when they didn't learn from DA2? I'll clue you in. They don't give a shit.

3 years from now they will be sugar coating ME:A's release, stating how they learned their lessons, shit out another turd with a 3rd party shill army invading a few forums to shout down the truth bringers, and off to the races we go again.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One correction, it was Lucas that forced KotOR 2 to have a ~1 year development schedule and refused to let it be delayed. That was a few years before EA.

Rushed and cash-in aren't remotely the same thing. Even with Lucas trying their best to ruin the game it was still as much an improvement over KotOR as Fallout NV was over Fallout 3.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oops sorry my bad. I forgot EA didn't own Bioware at that point back when Bioware was actually worth a shit.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I was sitting here yesterday debating with myself if I was going to continue in Andromeda before I wrote that last post and was thinking about the combat and if that was enough to keep trudging on.

I don't get it, why would anyone prop up this combat? They took away your ability to control your squad mates powers, the cover system is trash, most of the guns are boring and feel weak, and the melee is unsatisfying outside of using Charge. You know what game I was thinking had actual fun combat while the rest of the game was weak? Destiny. Destiny shits all over this game.

I think a real problem with this game is they quite clearly designed single player around their multiplayer mode. You have neon ammo crates lying around alien worlds for every type of gun, they didn't have to think about you using your squad mates powers in MP, the weapon designs and on and on.

The Jet Pack could have been a good inclusion but it just feels so weak. Maybe if you had enough points to waste on extending its duration or could bother using it without getting trashed by the enemy.

This game just fails on so many levels. What I really want to know is, why is the gravity the exact same on every planet? Maybe I didn't get far enough and that changed? I can't even imagine designing a "space opera sci fi" game and having the gravity be the exact same in every situation.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pathfinder Gravity Boots adjust any planet you're standing on to Earth standard gravity.

• 2Like

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Andromeda was a disaster on enough levels that it's a failure all on its own, even with people apologizing, and hating because its bioware. The egregious lack of polish alone sinks it imo. And FFS you aren't even the MC it's the voice in your head. I also can't agree with ME3 being a great game. It was an ok game with great parts, and some mind-numbingly bad parts. It was set up to fail from the very beginning. They merged bioware with mythic, split them into multiple studios, took several team and project leads and put them on SWTOR or other projects leaving hudson in charge (that worked out well didnt it?) made several huge revisions to the games core systems that were scrapped then reintroduced, and scheduled it all to be released in 2011 on a 22 month schedule....along with DA2 and TOR. Fucking boondoggle. More planet scanning? Reused assets and music? Cut content added as DLC (omega) day 1 DLC (ashes) a third of the dialogue removed from the game, palaven cut, one button to rule them all, the last 3 hours of the game, kai leng....I could go on and on.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Andromeda was a disaster on enough levels that it's a failure all on its own, even with people apologizing, and hating because its bioware. The egregious lack of polish alone sinks it imo. And FFS you aren't even the MC it's the voice in your head. I also can't agree with ME3 being a great game. It was an ok game with great parts, and some mind-numbingly bad parts. It was set up to fail from the very beginning. They merged bioware with mythic, split them into multiple studios, took several team and project leads and put them on SWTOR or other projects leaving hudson in charge (that worked out well didnt it?) made several huge revisions to the games core systems that were scrapped then reintroduced, and scheduled it all to be released in 2011 on a 22 month schedule....along with DA2 and TOR. Fucking boondoggle. More planet scanning? Reused assets and music? Cut content added as DLC (omega) day 1 DLC (ashes) a third of the dialogue removed from the game, palaven cut, one button to rule them all, the last 3 hours of the game, kai leng....I could go on and on.

Nah dude, anyone who thinks ME3 was anything other than amazing except for the ending is just a troll.