jeffvader

it's only castles burning
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Master of None

Genre: Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2015-11-06

Creator: Aziz Ansari, Alan Yang

Cast: Aziz Ansari

Overview: 30-year-old New York actor Dev takes on such pillars of maturity as the first big job, a serious relationship, and busting sex offenders on the subway.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Somehow I doubt this will be 'great'. Aziz Ansari is a terrible comedian.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, his shtick on Parks and Rec got old after about 2 seasons.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Whatever. Any time with Haverford and Jean Ralfio on screen is $$$.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched the first 20 minutes of this. Big nope. Exactly what I was expecting.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
What the fuck is this shit? Clearly not a comedy. Not one single joke, humorous situation, not even any of that lame "it's funny cus its awkward" humor. Not a fucking chuckle to be found.

Its a 30min run time drama without characters, situations, or stories which anyone gives a shit about.

Ban the op for posting this shit please

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
And yet it somehow has a 4.5+ rating on Netflix. I didn't even give it a try, I just rated it 1 star for great justice. Fuck Aziz Ansari's unfunny ass.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Watching it cause I am bored as fuck and have seen everything else. 3rd episode was pretty decent, the ending had me cause I have been there. I have no love or hate for Aziz, dude tells the same jokes as anyone with a millennial bent. That is probably why people rate it highly, or they are up voting it cause they are desperate for something new to binge like me.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's like Louis before he has kids. It's not bad, pretty different from anything Aziz has ever done. I kinda dig it, but some of the writing is forced, especially in ep 2. Not a big fan of Aziz as a comedian but ill check out the rest of the season

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's like Louis before he has kids. It's not bad, pretty different from anything Aziz has ever done. I kinda dig it, but some of the writing is forced, especially in ep 2. Not a big fan of Aziz as a comedian but ill check out the rest of the season
That's the primary reason I'm having trouble getting into this show. It tries to do the sort of humor Louie does, but Aziz can't sell cynicism well enough for it to work. I know Aziz isn't as childish and bubbly as Tom Haverford, but there's a reason he was cast for that part. He's much easier to accept as positive and energetic than negative and serious.

Also, the acting is really uneven - and I'm not just talking about him casting his own parents in the show (his dad isn't too bad). It's like they just handed everyone a script and just did one take.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
It is uneven. That said, there is enough good stuff to make it worth the watch. I am on Ep 8 now.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
it's like they just handed everyone a script and just did one take.
the side characters are pretty shallow and dont feel like actual characters. eric feels like forced lowbrow comedy, his asian friend felt like he was reading lines

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm surprised at all the Aziz hate, ya'll making him sound like the male version of Mindy.

He killed every scene in Parks and Rec, all of it seemed like improv.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database