Master of Orion

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Just saw that this released (also noticed the thread for it is locked)

So how is it at release? Was hearing a lot of negatives from the EA, was wondering if the addressed the problems.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Its pretty shit.

Would be ok, if it was not so fucking horrible with zero replay, depth, difficultly, etc etc.

Yeah, its shit. Looks nice tho.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
What's the best space 4x game made this decade and/or millenium? Stellaris? Endless Space?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Friends have been playing Stelaris and like it. Referred it to me but I have yet to pull the trigger. Havent really looked at it. Got too many cogs in the clock to want to start anything new right now.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I like Stellaris quite a bit. It's a Paradox game though so the learning curve is more of a cliff. It also has a star trek total conversion mod which sort of ate up a week of my vacation.

Endless space is pretty good as well, but I'd actually prefer their fantasy counterpart Endless Legend over it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Personally, waiting for Stellaris to go on sale, and some of the larger mods to be completed. It seems like the best platform for those types of things.

Other than that . . . Moo2. Lol

Grez

Trakanon Raider
Personally, waiting for Stellaris to go on sale, and some of the larger mods to be completed. It seems like the best platform for those types of things.

Other than that . . . Moo2. Lol
I agree, Stellaris has great potential but, as is, it's shallow.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Stellaris is not bad but as the others have said - shallow. Like, really really shallow. The third big patch is supposed to come out soon and I might pick it up again. If you haven't played it yet it's probably a good idea to sit tight for another year or so.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Paradox delivers a lot of content via DLC over the years. Like, EU4 is probably almost complete now. Though, it probably had more depth at release than Stellaris does.

Rhuobhe

N00b
Birth of the Federation. Rebellion is good too. I'm not buying the new MOO because the AI is easy and they are not developing any multiplayer

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Stellaris is not bad but as the others have said - shallow. Like, really really shallow. The third big patch is supposed to come out soon and I might pick it up again. If you haven't played it yet it's probably a good idea to sit tight for another year or so.

Fair enough. Main reason I asked is cause I'd bought Stellaris a month back, and only put in an hour or so before I got distracted, and wasn't sure if I should pick it up again or look elsewhere. Sounds like it's the way to go right now.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm enjoying Stellaris. It does seem to lack some depth in areas you want it, and yet has micro in areas you don't. Don't regret the purchase, and don't think I'd be a waste to purchase it now. Really looking forward to some mods to improve the game. Star Wars or Star Trek mod sounds stupidly awesome. Do miss me some BotF.