May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Who fucking cares? Some of you are just unbelievably autistic about this shit. The absolute horror that someone might shitpost in the rickshaw and think they "won" . Fucking let it go. I do not understand this obsession with making people feel "punished" for shitposting.
Isn't the whole point of the RR to confine a shitposter there so he stops shitting up legitimate discussions? Who the fuck cares if he makes a thread in the RR to talk shit? Maybe just don't go into the RR and read it?

If you get your precious fee-fees hurt cause someone gets confined to the RR and continues posting shit about you, you need to get the fuck off the internet. Jesus christ the level of seriousness that some people take this shit is absurd.
Exceptional posts, gentlemen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
(1) Intentionally avoiding the substance for *tangentials* is required by inteligent individuals, to prevent being derailed by people whining about silly stuff. BUT doing it in a matter that is NOT CONFRONTATIONAL or INFLAMATORY. It shows Tucos excellent mastery of his amoding hobby which is why he was THE overwhelming first choice for mod. He does NOT need me to speak for him, but perhaps people can cool their hot heels and cool off their personal agendas, vendettas from *years ago* ?

Out of very genuine curiousity...what pray tell should be done if someone finds YOU or ME to be offending the community? Everyone has a right to their *subjective* view of what is objectively THEIR own standard of *too much/annoying... ban them!* .

(2)
Second should be a no brainer. Mods have a JOB to keep place CLEAN.... if they are too busy with stupid annoying shit, shit goes to shit everywhere else too. So dont shit on people cleaning the shit or everyone is in shit.... *sigh*

In other words, for the professionals here, with families and shit, working for a living:
...........if someone fooks with mods doing their job quickly/well,
...........if it takes more than the (whatever it is) half hour or hour they have in a day to dedicate to this place
..... then that offending person is not just annoying but DISRUPTING the functioning of a site very well liked by many.

Shawing to a sandbox seems quite reasonable no? I do not know about you, but I would RATHER KEEP the mods and admin HAPPY and working rather than bitch about my personal agenda.... and risk being left high and dry because they burn out trying to constantly handle MY shit. There is SOME room for ballance there still, to ASK POLITELY and be reasonable is there not?

If someone annoys you or me..... welllllll suck it up buttecup and hit the road. IMHO we are NOT essential to running this place. We are merely being kindly consulted here by people kind enough to share and volunteer their valuable time. I have been here lurking LONG ENOUGH to see these guys/gals know what they are doing.

If you annoy or grind down LOOSE those cool, reasonable mods you have now..... you will drive off a LOT of people and be left with..... shit with a HUGE fing echo.

And oh please tell me I misunderstand!.... I am really laughing @ *personal threads* comment.... are you really saying a SHARED forum is not enough for you? You and others need/want a PERSONAL sandbox with a SOAPBOX to lecture from? Ie a plot of LAND in the sandbox? hehe

awe....

Everything about the way you make posts makes me never read them.

Just fyi.

Also, really dude. You're either an extreme long time lurker, or a completely new person, your opinion on this 4 year long never ending shit show is worth less than zero to me.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You made me agree with tanoomba a_skeleton_03. I'll never forgive you for this.

No one made you do anything.

You and people like you keep inflicting this community with a serial harasser and refusing to do anything about it.

• 1Solidarity

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

You and people like you keep inflicting this community with a serial harasser and refusing to do anything about it.

lol what.

serial harasser.

lol, chortled hard

• 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

He was fucking rickshawed. You inflict him on yourself if you follow him in there to engage him.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
lol what.

serial harasser.

lol, chortled hard

You're actually a great case study for why serially toxic people shouldn't be allowed to inflict themselves on a community.

• 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
He was fucking rickshawed. You inflict him on yourself if you follow him in there to engage him.

Incorrect.

He is inflicted upon me by a community who refuses to utilize the tools they have at their disposal to ensure he is never inflicted upon me.

• 1Islamic

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Who the fuck is going to the rickshaw to talk to the outcasts? What the fuck people?

• 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Incorrect.

He is inflicted upon me by a community who refuses to utilize the tools they have at their disposal to ensure he is never inflicted upon me.
Take some responsibility for yourself. If him being in the rickshaw and the robust ignore feature on this board isn't enough for him not to be "inflicted" on you, it is 100% your fault.
In the outer banks for yearly trip
My family used to go to outer Banks every year. You stay in Duck?

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I get that from a user standpoint but from an admin standpoint you can see why I want some defined rules and for a "punishment" to be effective right?

Can you all not see that?

We have people begging to increase our numbers but when we have people that never learn from their "punishment" the new people aren't going to stay.
I'm going to take this post seriously and speak to you as an adult.
I've learned a lot about how to make punishment effective. I'm an elementary school teacher, after all.

First and foremost, it's more important to PREVENT unwanted behavior than it is to punish it. An ounce of prevention and all that. How do you do that? By rewarding good behavior (not necessarily applicable in this case) and by making sure there is an established set of rules which are very clear and unambiguous, along with fair consequences for breaking them. This way, if someone does misbehave, he knows exactly what he did wrong and he can't claim unfairness because he knew beforehand that he was breaking a rule. He also knew what was going to happen and won't be caught off guard by the consequences. This where Khalid screwed the pooch. Not only did I not break any rules, I was given no explanation for my punishment at all. How the fuck am I supposed to "learn from my punishment" when it was assigned arbitrarily and isn't backed up by our actual rules? In fact, since Khalid skipped 3 steps and jumped right to an RRP with no warnings at all, how can I see that as anything other than power-tripping mod power abuse?

If you truly want people to learn from their mistakes, they first have to understand that they made a mistake. That's not going to happen when you can't even identify what it is you want them to stop doing, and it's especially not going to happen when they see they are being singled out for special treatment with harsher punishments.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If him being in the rickshaw and the robust ignore feature on this board isn't enough for him not to be "inflicted" on you, it is 100% your fault.

Ah, no, as we've already discovered, the robust ignore feature isn't sufficient because no one is using it.

Thanks for playing Dr Mario. I made that case before, and it was rejected by the community, so trying to use it now, afterwards, is simply not going to work.

• 1Hodjing

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Who the fuck is going to the rickshaw to talk to the outcasts? What the fuck people?

i've had literally 24/7 free time since my cancer treatment started. every once in awhile i would go in there so i could say to myself "i might have cancer, but at least i'm not as retarded as these guys. life isn't so bad."

• 8Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 8 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
i've had literally 24/7 free time since my cancer treatment started. every once in awhile i would go in there so i could say to myself "i might have cancer, but at least i'm not as retarded as these guys. life isn't so bad."

This is the only acceptable reason to go to the rickshaw voluntarily.

If you have cancer and are reminding yourself that you are a still a lucid, rational human being. Otherwise, stay the fuck out of there and let them beat their heads against the walls of the asylum.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ignore is for pussies and :

Man Liv Tyler is so pretty

Here is the exact post that made me realize ignore was not sufficient here for the same reasons it was not sufficient at Rerolled.

This plus the Gamergate thread being turned into 10 pages of responses to Tanoomba, even with ALL of Tanoomba's posts removed, which was occuring at the same time, refutes the claim that ignore is sufficient.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Too many people in this thread are responding to hodj while I have him on ignore. RRP hodj plz.
Holy fucking shit I laughed way too hard at this. Bravo.

giphy.gif

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've also called for thread level bans for Tanoomba in the Gamergate thread.

Why was that never even considered? We have the power, why is it not being used?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Ah, no, as we've already discovered, the robust ignore feature isn't sufficient because no one is using it.

Thanks for playing Dr Mario. I made that case before, and it was rejected by the community, so trying to use it now, afterwards, is simply not going to work.
Well then at this point you're just arguing for a permanent ban, which until he posts something illegal, isn't going to happen.

So sorry I guess.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.