Medical billing question

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
hey guys. I have a question regarding medical billing.
I live in FL. my wife had minor surgery on her knee. It was successful and she started therapy. The therapy place took her insurance, and time and time again told her there will be no copayment. On several visits my wife inquire them about this and they said, no they talk to the insurance and it is covered. Fast forward 2 months later they sent a bill for all retroactive copayments, totaling over $300. I'm pissed beyond belife at them.

What are my options?
Do i call them and tell them. "Im sorry for your mistake in telling me that there is no copayment, but she went that often to therapy beacuse you told me it was at no cost to me. So own to the mistake on your end and erase that retroactive copayment."

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
This is typical. Your plan could be something but then later deny some of the charges from physical therapy. You could also be at your max. You can (I guess) complain to the receptionist and maybe insurance company and see what they say. Don't think you'll get much luck, though.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's possible that it's a mistake. Call your insurance company and find out what your coverage is, then talk to the receptionist. Worst case, sack up and pay the bill. If your wife got a real benefit from it, then it's probably worth it.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Ty guys for the replies. well just endup paying them, as they offer some sessions as courtesy to offset the balance.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My place tried charging me a $20 co-pay after my knee surgery, and then I reminded them that I'd been there for six months previously and paid $0. Problem solved, mistakes do happen. It really is worth the phone call to your insurance company, if you haven't already done so.