Memories of the Alhambra

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Memories of the Alhambra

Genre: Action & Adventure, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2018-12-01

Cast: Hyun Bin, Park Shin-hye, Chanyeol, Han Bo-reum, Park Hoon, Lee Hak-joo, Kim Eui-sung, Min Jin-woong, Lee Seung-joon, Cho Hyun-chul, Lee Re, Lee Si-won, Lee Jae-wook

Overview: While looking for the cryptic creator of an innovative augmented-reality game, an investment firm executive meets a woman who runs a hostel in Spain.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's another Korean series on Netflix. This was released back in 2018, but it isn't anything like Squid Game. If I had to describe it by using another movie or TV show as a reference, it would be Ready Player One. Not because of all the 80's and 90's references, but because of the subject matter of Gaming in real life. This is about this Korean company that develops the best Augmented Reality system that uses high end contacts to display that reality to the user. They walk around the real world and interact with all kinds of game shit. It's actually pretty neat. We went out to dinner last night with Korean friends, and the wife suggested it because she knows I'm a nerd. First episode was quite good.

And here's the direct link to the Netflix show if you have an account.

EDIT: Just a heads up, this is a long show. 16 episodes, over an hour each (except for 1 that's only 59 minutes).
Total run time is 1,034 minutes... or 17 hours, 14 minutes. Enjoy!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It's another Korean series on Netflix. This was released back in 2018, but it isn't anything like Squid Game. If I had to describe it by using another movie or TV show as a reference, it would be Ready Player One. Not because of all the 80's and 90's references, but because of the subject matter of Gaming in real life. This is about this Korean company that develops the best Augmented Reality system that uses high end contacts to display that reality to the user. They walk around the real world and interact with all kinds of game shit. It's actually pretty neat. We went out to dinner last night with Korean friends, and the wife suggested it because she knows I'm a nerd. First episode was quite good.

And here's the direct link to the Netflix show if you have an account.

EDIT: Just a heads up, this is a long show. 16 episodes, over an hour each (except for 1 that's only 59 minutes).
Total run time is 1,034 minutes... or 17 hours, 14 minutes. Enjoy!
I've been watching way more Korean shows than I would care to admit. Will check this out.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm now 4 episodes in, and I REALLY like this show. It's way more Korean Drama than AR Gaming show, but that doesn't subtract from it. The characters are great. Du-da-dat dah dah, I'm lovin' it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm now 4 episodes in, and I REALLY like this show. It's way more Korean Drama than AR Gaming show, but that doesn't subtract from it. The characters are great. Du-da-dat dah dah, I'm lovin' it.
Been digging Korean Dramas. Kim Tae Ri is a babe. Can't believe shes like 32. In between shows atm so will check this out over the weekend.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm 7 episodes in now. I still really like the show, but it changed. Now he keeps re-experiencing the death of his ex-friend and business partner who somehow became an NPC in the game and haunts the MC even when he isn't wearing the contacts. It's... Well, it's different. I can't wait for it to break that mold and get into ANYTHING else. The lead woman is quite attractive.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The whole AR stuff makes zero sense and I can only imagine how retarded they look flailing around. Also wish it didnt have the whole Spain thing going for it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Kind of fell apart. Was pretty tough to make it through only to be let down by the ending. Ah well. On to the next show!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Oh well, I'm sorry for suggesting it. I'm on episode 8 now, so I'll get done eventually.
Was still worth the watch for me. Been trying to pick up on the language (bored of gaming so doing something constructive).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The same friend gave me a few other suggestions on Korean stuff to watch on Netflix. I have no idea what any of them are, but here you go, including what she said and basic synopsis from Netflix.

"These are for men's taste."

Space Sweepers
2021 sci-fi action film.

Sweet Home
2020 Humans turn into monsters and an apartment building fights to survive.

My Name
2021 Girl cop who's loyal to the crime lord.

Itaewon Class
2020 Ex-con and friends fight to make their street bar a real thing.

D.P.
2021 Based on issues plaguing Korean Society.

Hospital Playlist
2021 Story of 5 Doctors & their patients.

Reply 1988
2015 The lives of 5 families & their kids in the late 80's.

"And this is a MUCH WATCH drama!"
Crash Landing on You
2019. Romantic Comedy.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I've seen Space Sweepers and Itaewon Class. Hospital is on my radar. Just watched Abyss which was scifi/crime drama and was pretty interesting.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It took me a while, but I finally finished watching this show. I really liked it, but there were some parts that were off. The pacing jumped around a bit also at the end of episodes, only to get resolved in the first minute or two of the next episode. It's a sci-fi type show, focused on this Augmented Reality game that seems pretty cool, but it faces plenty of problems early on. Specifically how dying in the game "some times" kills the user, but only if you are virtually killed by another player and/or an NPC that was previously a player (but is now dead). Then the even stranger part is that sometimes your body is visible to whomever. Other times, there is no body. You just vanish. They briefly describe that in the last 10 minutes of the series, though. The other big problem only really happened in the first few episodes. You could be playing the game and log out (and take off your contact lenses), and still somehow get attacked by the NPC's and see them attacking you. That didn't make sense, but it wasn't explained... Just stopped happening.

The lead Korean chick was quite adorable. She's very "cute". She's like the girl next door type that you'd love to bang, but if you don't... oh well.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database