Metro: Last Light

Dom_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's bullshit. They did the same for 2033 but that was put in after release, so it wasn't a big deal as it was a bonus option on top of the base game. Doing it for this as a day-one DLC is horseshit as it should have just been included in the game for free.

Not much they can do if the retailers have their nuts in a vice though. They're simply not big enough to tell them to fuck off.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I bought 2033 a while back during some sale. After booting it up for the first time I noticed that it has 5(!) difficulties to choose from. Typically I aim for the hardest difficulty unless it sounds like it just plain wouldn't be enjoyable (my first playthrough in Bioshock Infinite was 1999 mode, for reference). For those that have played 2033, is Ranger (Hardcore) enjoyable or should I just stick with normal Hardcore?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In spite of how it sounds, the 'ranger' mode of each difficulty level is actually easier than the normal mode. It's more of an attempt at immersion than it is about adding to the challenge. Ammo is scarce, you're forced to use iron sights because there are no crosshairs (on hardcore the HUD is gone completely), and both you and your enemies die to a single shot in most cases. It's the last part that makes the game easier, since the player almost always has a big advantage over the AI.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Am i? Because if Apples = $59.99, Metro and BF3 both cost Apples. One has playability beyond it's 10 or less hours of campaign gameplay.

Not to be rude, and I really am not whatsoever trying to be a dickhead - but it's kind of a sucker mentality to believe sixty dollars was well spent on 10 hours of good, but not great gameplay.

I bought Civilization 5 for $2.99 and have almost 300 hours in.
BF3 sucks then, I mean I bought Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition for about $10 and have over 600 hours in it! Also BF3 didnt have any RPG elements?! WTF? Charging ?50 for a game missing the entire RPG part?! ... I hope you see how insane your comparison between a SINGLE PLAYER RPG LIGHT SHOOTER is to a MULTIPLAYER ONLINE SHOOTER with a lol-singleplayer addition that was a complete waste of time and resources?

Its 8/10 for a adventure/RP-light/whatever-you-want-to-call-it shooter. Great world, perfectly fine combat, intresting story. Why someone would rack down on it for not having a 300 hour multiplayer part is beyond me.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
BF3 in general has lasted me so far 275 hours. Not sure what you're getting at.
Metro doesn't have multiplayer so your 275 hours mean exactly jack and shit. Comparing a FPS to Civilization is just as retarded, they're not the same genre of game nor does it apply regardless of what you paid for it or how many hours you've wasted playing it.

BF3 is a terrible game. Along with it's cash cow sequels and it's very close cash cow relative CoD.
From the single player aspect Metro is 4 hours longer than the BF campaigns. It's graphics engine is superior and the story is a metric fuckton more interesting.

Face it, Battlefield series and Call of Duty series are the Madden Football of FPS games. Same stupid shit over and over, but the fanboi's will always fork over that $60 for the same game they bought a couple years prior.

Metro trumps BF3 in every aspect. Atmosphere to graphics. Metro: Last Light is a 8/10 game.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Game lasts 10 hours. Literally the biggest waste of 59.99 in terms of games I've seen since the BF3 DLCs.

This is on my top 3 all time biggest gaming disappointments list.

Metro 2033 was short, but it was Indie. This was a sponsored sequel and they motherfucked it up. Do not buy 0/10, no game should last 10 hours and cost more than $10.
The fact you even paid $60 for it means you either played it on a console or you fucking fail at buying PC games.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
oh it doesnt? thanks for this valuable contribution.

0/10, stop making it okay for gaming companies to rape our wallets.

either that or I pre-ordered it for PC.
From where? Steam had the pre-order up for 49.99$, 44.99$ if you owned Metro 2033.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Complaining about companies raping gamers followed by admitting to pre-ordering a game. Practice what you preach.

And really man, two minutes of research would have shown you exactly what to expect from the game.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
oh it doesnt? thanks for this valuable contribution.

0/10, stop making it okay for gaming companies to rape our wallets.

either that or I pre-ordered it for PC.
Nope, it doesn't. There's not one person that gives a fuck how many you've wasted on that piece of shit.
6yH4LAn.gif

And Dom nailed it on the head. You bitch about the game, complain about companies "raping" games. Yet you pre-order it, and face it.. you're just like every other shit-stained mongoloid out there.
Bitch, piss and moan about game companies, that you STILL support and will continue to do so.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Downloaded this. Loved 2033, awesome game.

I'm not all that far in.

Just got to the metro area after saving Paval. They just opened the door after going down the escalator and the packs of resident evil like dogs chasing us.

I don't know but I'm just not feeling this one like the last. I remember playing with an elevated pulse the entire time on the edge of my seat. This just doesn't feel the same at all. The elements are all there, I'm enjoying listening to the back story. The action part though just doesn't feel anything like the previous. Feels more generic.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Played Metro 2033 for a few hours this morning

It is a piece of shit.

P.S. Azeth is a retard who's comparing apples to oranges.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got this and would like to know if anyone know how to completely disable motion blur in this game. It makes me want to gouge my own eyes out after five minutes ugh.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
30 seconds of googling led me to this comment:

I found that turing the graphics to "high" instead of "very high" gets rid of the motion blur. Why is the motion blur attached to graphical quality, you ask? I have no idea, but when I was experimenting with the graphics, that's what I noticed.
YMMV.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I read that, didn't work. It just makes it less prominent. I want to make it go away completely.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I don't know why they keep putting that shit into games when it's one of the first things turned off. It's the new bloom. Unless I'm driving a car at 200 mph why the fuck do I want motion blur? It looks absurd.