Midnight Run (1988)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Midnight Run (1988)

Tagline: This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Crime

Director: Martin Brest

Cast: Robert De Niro, Charles Grodin, Yaphet Kotto, John Ashton, Dennis Farina, Joe Pantoliano, Richard Foronjy, Philip Baker Hall, Jack Kehoe, Robert Miranda, Wendy Phillips, Danielle DuClos, Tom McCleister, Mary Gillis, John Toles-Bey, Lois Smith, Frank Pesce, Thomas J. Hageboeck, Scott McAfee, Stanley White, Linda Cerasuolo, Fran Brill, Tom Irwin, Tracey Walter

Release: 1988-07-20

Runtime: 126

Plot: An accountant embezzles $15 million of mob money, jumps bail and is chased by bounty hunters, the FBI, and the Mafia.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
RIP Charles Grodin, may you be enjoying some chorizo and eggs right now, wherever you are,.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Easily in my top 10 of most favorite movies. Could be top 5.

So many quotable lines, perfect pacing, just superb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First movie I thought of when they said Grodin had passed. Fun movie, easy to watch, great chemistry.

Pretty tired of De Weirdo, so I don't watch his movies much anymore. But I would watch this one again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
To this day I cannot board a plane and not want to shout "These things come down! It's too big!"

• 1Like

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Was watching some of his late night appearances a couple months back and kept thinking need to rewatch this and heartbreak kid.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
To this day I cannot board a plane and not want to shout "These things come down! It's too big!"
Jack Walsh : I can't keep you cuffed on a commercial flight, and I gotta check my gun with my luggage, but you fuck with me once and I'm gonna break your neck.

Jonathan Mardukas : I can't fly.

Jack Walsh : What?

Jonathan Mardukas : You heard me, I can't fly.

Jack Walsh : No, no, no. You're going to have to do better than that, pal.

Jonathan Mardukas : No, I don't have to do better than that, because it's the truth, I can't fly: I suffer from aviaphobia.

Jack Walsh : What does that mean?

Jonathan Mardukas : It means I can't fly. I also suffer from acrophobia and claustrophobia.

Jack Walsh : I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".

Perfect

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The studio had wanted the role to go to Robin Williams, but the director was so impressed by Charles Grodin's audition and the chemistry between him and DeNiro that they made the studio change their mind and give the part to Grodin.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The studio had wanted the role to go to Robin Williams, but the director was so impressed by Charles Grodin's audition and the chemistry between him and DeNiro that they made the studio change their mind and give the part to Grodin.
thankfully he didnt get that role. Robin Williams can be too much in small doses sometimes. in dramas he was fine mostly, in comedies he can be downright obnoxious with his overcompensating ad libbed jokes. Charles Grodin was so underrated, he was great in "The Lonely Guy" and nobody ever talks about that movie.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database