Midnight Special

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
From the same guy who did "Shelter", which was a pretty good movie...

Joel Edgerton, Adam Driver, Kirsten Dunst, Michael Shannon, Jaeden Lieberher and Sam Shepard all star in the sci-fi thriller about, ?A father (Michael Shannon) goes on the run to protect his young son, Alton (Jaeden Lieberher), and uncover the truth behind the boy?s special powers. What starts as a race from religious extremists and local law enforcement quickly escalates to a nationwide manhunt involving the highest levels of the Federal Government. Ultimately his father risks everything to protect Alton and help fulfill a destiny that could change the world forever in this genre?defying film as supernatural as it is intimately human."

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind reminds me of the movie "Powder". I enjoyed that one and this one looks interesting.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah getting more of a starman/looper vibe from this. Pretty hyped for this movie. I was a huge fan of Mud. Seeing it tonight.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I look forward to your review. This kind of flew under the radar but I am very intrigued.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It wasn't bad but it lost steam in the back third. Overall I enjoyed it as an homage to 80s sci-fi like Starman and ET but I was pretty disappointed with the wrap up.

Amazing photography and absolutely great performances by Michael Shannon and Edgerton and Kylo Ren plays an excellent NSA guy. It doesn't try to be unpredictable but it doesnt really sell the reveal very well either.

Jeff Nichols is one of the best up-and-coming indie directors though. After this and Mud I wouldn't be surprised if he's tapped to direct a Marvel or a Star Wars movie.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I didn't regret watching it when it was over, but I don't think this is my kind of movie. The production value is fairly high, so there's that.