Mikhail and Hodj's Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
0CcMMDy.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
I feel like there's a soviet russia joke in there somewhere, but I can't think of it. There's always a soviet russia joke in putin.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Funny enough, Araysar, one of the absolute worst public universities in the country is located in Chicago Illinois

Table | College Completion

13.9% graduation rate, median SAT score in the 800s, $112,000 dollars spent per degree.

The Ten Worst Public Universities in America

Just, you know. I realize Chicago is a shit hole now but still. Damn dude.

But its okay because we can both laugh at Ohio and Indiana for having an even worse university
Fucking christ 150k for a degree at UCLA? Does California not fund that school at all?

Numbers_sl

shitlord
We'll have to see what this means.http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99P02220131026

A top Chinese leader has promised "unprecedented" economic and societal reforms at the Communist Party's much anticipated plenum meeting next month, state media reported on Saturday.

Yu Zhengsheng, the fourth-ranked member in the elite Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party, said the closed-door meeting would "principally explore the issue of deep and comprehensive reforms".

"The reforms this time will be broad, with major strength, and will be unprecedented," he said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.

"Inevitably they will strongly push forward profound transformations in the economy, society and other spheres."

iannis

Musty Nester
They have to reform. From what I understand the anticipated crunch is starting to happen.

There are only so many ghost cities you can build and sell to the emerging middle class apparently, and they've saturated the American markets, and not even the Chinese want to be slave labor.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
It should be an exciting decade. I wonder how the transformation from debt spending to consumption will be like. I've heard recently that a lot of local Chinese banks have been writing off a lot of bad loans lately.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99R0DU20131028

In Nabil's eyes, the usras, which provide everything from Koran studies to marriage counseling, are crumbling. That raises the risk the organization will fracture, and that some members will abandon peaceful activism to take up arms.

In a sign of how the Brotherhood is retreating, Nabil has bought a new, unregistered mobile phone. He encrypts text messages and is careful about what he writes on Facebook, fearful that the authorities are monitoring communications.

Nabil said he has lost five friends killed in demonstrations and that he narrowly escaped arrest when he took part in a protest. He worries about survival and avoiding jail. The clampdown, he said, could radicalize some members.

This month suspected militants killed six Egyptian soldiers near the Suez Canal, fired rocket propelled grenades at a state satellite station in Cairo and exploded a car bomb near an Egyptian army intelligence building in the city of Ismailia. More than 50 people have been killed and more than 270 wounded in recent clashes between the police and protesters supporting the Muslim Brotherhood.

Even as questions remain over who mounts such attacks, it seems clear the recruitment pool for radicals has grown significantly since Mursi's overthrow.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Hey shitbirds,

I'm back from my first day from "working for the man"

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So 90% of the company is women between the ages of 23-35. My lunch was with 5 girls and 0 men.

I think I will do quite well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.