Military Thread

eenis_sl

shitlord
Post photos of any veterans we have on this forum, im pretty sure im not the only one.

These are my favorite from when this stars and stripes photographer came out with us

rrr_img_16775.jpg
rrr_img_16776.jpg
rrr_img_16777.jpg
rrr_img_16778.jpg
rrr_img_16779.jpg

And i searched for a thread like this but found none, if i fucked up send me to the rickshaw

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
few of mine

rrr_img_21795.jpg

rrr_img_21796.jpg

Love how I got away with wearing that undershirt and horrible rapist mustache

rrr_img_21797.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
This thread made me realize I have fuckall for pictures of myself in uniform/at work.

Anyway...

The bane of my existence (taken January of this year, 70~ish jets if I remember right)

72157_558794750808997_1922079658_n.jpg

Sweet scar I got (that's never visible because my hair is never that short) when head meets pointy end of weapons pylon on said evil jets seen above

560555_10101460006487142_793241555_n.jpg

Pic with some NFL cheerleaders on July 4 last year inside our work tent while deployed to Djibouti. I'm on the far right.

417457_10101335544699562_305254984_n.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
Which shop? I'm avionics myself, and if you're a crew chief or avionics on the 22... I am so sorry. Also we're supposed to be getting a new radar package similar to the one on the F-22 in the next few years, or at least we were before all the massive budget cuts recently. I was really looking forward to it too but at this point it looks like my enlistment will end (Jan 2016) before it ever happens at Seymour.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Goddamn Big Phoenix, that's one nasty skivvy shirt but handsome moto mustache.

I don't know where my pictures are, but I'll see if I can find one of my cum encrusted hesco post for you guys.

Legaeveth

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't have any pictures atm to post but was USMC from 1991-2003 did infantry my first two years then switched over to scout Sniper until my 5th year then got voluntold to become the units CMS/EKMS Manager until my 10 year 6 month mark and finally had enough. Now I work as a Painter/coater for the F-22's. I'm surprised to see so many Leathernecks here. Semper Fi!

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was in the USAF here. First 3.5 years I was a crew chief on AC-130H gunships and MC-130E Talons down at Hurlburt Flield Florida. We did the rescue the students at Grenada and bombed some shit fuckers in Panama. Then cross trained into Avionics on F-111D's at Cannon AFB in New Mexico. Working Avionics was much more fun but my time on the Gunships was the SHIT. Loved it. Used all that electroncis training towrds my current career for the last 20 years working on Plasma Etchers in the Semiconductor industry for Intel.

Loved working on aircraft but the pay was shit.
smile.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don't have any pictures atm to post but was USMC from 1991-2003 did infantry my first two years then switched over to scout Sniper until my 5th year then got voluntold to become the units CMS/EKMS Manager until my 10 year 6 month mark and finally had enough. Now I work as a Painter/coater for the F-22's. I'm surprised to see so many Leathernecks here. Semper Fi!
I did a year in the EKMS vault. Torture, pure torture.

Fadaar

That guy
I did a year in the EKMS vault. Torture, pure torture.
We have that for our job too, but apparently it's a pretty sweet gig. Crypto is such a pain in the dick with fighters/bombers. Especially satcom when you deploy... we never ever use that shit back home, but it's the most important comm system while deployed. Such a pain in the ass sometimes.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The day to day is a super sweet gig. When something goes wrong it's everyone freaking out and the court martial threats come out and usually it is something you aren't capable of fixing.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing personally to contribute to this pic thread, but a huge thank you to all who serve our country. 5 family members serving, wish I could have joined them.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Went to MEPS this week and did my ASVAB and my physical for the Army. I've got a couple of things with the court I have to get cleared up before I pick what I'm going to do. I've got 2 speeding tickets (2001 & 2004), a possession of Marijuana charge from 2006, and a DWI from 2009 that all need to get waived I guess. I have a bachelor's degree in history and I scored a 112 on my GT score and passed my physical. I've been told a number of different things so far by co-workers and people who are my friends who have served in the past. Some are telling me to try to go to OCS before I even enlist. Others are telling me that I will have to go enlisted first and serve a year or two before I can try to get commissioned and one guy is telling me OCS is probably out of the question. So I wanted to post here and see if I can get a better answer. Specifically my recruiter says I have to talk to his Commander next week but I will have to enlist first no matter what. I will be 29 on Oct. 31 of this year so I don't have a lot of time. This is something that I'm going to do regardless of the outcome because I'm not making enough money at my current job and this is something I've been weighing for more than just a couple of a months. I've been thinking about this for about 5 years now, but I don't come from a Military family so I didn't know how good of a deal that it can be until I was hit with the gravity of student loans coming off of deferment etc. I'm single and have no kids if that information is needed. Just wanting to get a couple of more opinions right now. I know that I will want to pick a job that translates well in the Civilian world but at my age I am really thinking this is something I will probably want to make a career out of. My mind may change over the next 4-6 years, but I'm here right now to gauge what I should do right now. Thanks in advance for the replies...I stay pretty busy so I may not be able to respond as soon as I'd like.

P.S. This thread was in General last time I think.