Military Thread

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
They needed a profile pic to do my employee marks (USCG 18 years here!), so I did the Bond villain look as a joke. I swear to god this is not photoshopped. The lighting looks too perfect, and the cat looks stuffed. It's my wifes cat, that white fur gets everywhere. Bonus points if you can guess where this is.

Hint:
There's an awesome show on the weather channel just for my state

rrr_img_38427.jpg
Coast Guard is not the military, should return to the department of transportation imo

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some of the guys I graduated HS with went to VMI and WP. They're both Majors now which I hear is pretty normal for 30 yr olds, and they have some awesome stories. I was on that track, but was diagnosed with Juvy diabetes in 11th grade and the recruiter literally left shaking his head.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Coast Guard is not the military, should return to the department of transportation imo
Not sure if troll, but I'll respond with: All the other military branches have no restrictions on Tuition Assistance. I'm in the only branch that does. Right now the pendulum is swinging against personnel, they're trying to get rid of folks and reduce benefits. Hope it swings the other way soon =\

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Have any of you been to Shaw AFB? My brother-in-law just found out he's going there and I've never seen him this miserable. He was even happier when got deployed. From what he tells me, it's one of the worst AF bases (location wise in the US) there is.
Your brother is wrong. Shaw isn't bad, overall. Of course, his AFSC could mean his job will suck regardless, but the base itself is decent. Not far from Myrtle Beach/the coast either.

I stayed at shaw 12 years ago for jrotc training. Was only there for a week but jesus the barracks was nice. For some reason I thought all barracks would be that nice, one person to a furnished room with a comfortable full size bed, ceiling fan, tv, ect, ect. Only sharing a bathroom with one person who's room is joined on the other end of the head. Got into the Marine Corps and lol no, not so much

Been back through a couple times on road trips but never stayed more then overnight again. I would assume that it will be a comfortable stay with fuckall to do
That's because it's the Air Force. We actually have a decent standard of living! :p

Times of war, man. Actually it makes me wonder if they'll revert back when Afghanistan is "officially" over, whenever that may be.

Not sure if troll, but I'll respond with: All the other military branches have no restrictions on Tuition Assistance. I'm in the only branch that does. Right now the pendulum is swinging against personnel, they're trying to get rid of folks and reduce benefits. Hope it swings the other way soon =\
Define restrictions?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
you really think so? we shot so many missions in iraq i actually enjoyed myself..VT fuzes over advancing infantry, excalibur shells into strongholds, it was a good time for our section
Hah my MOS was supply admin but I was in two different artillery battalions, both of which where equally retarded.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looking good guys, thanks for the service.

Flight where did you server in WWI?

Dookiefart

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well I did my time in as a 63B, all wheel mechanic in a Himars unithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Md_RJYP_I

I never got deployed, But even if i did. I would never be as bad ass as Stubby. Neither will you..

Stubby served with the 102nd Infantry, 26th (Yankee) Division in the trenches in France for 18 months and participated in four offensives and 17 battles. He entered combat on February 5, 1918 at Chemin des Dames, north of Soissons, and was under constant fire, day and night for over a month. In April 1918, during a raid to take Schieprey, Stubby was wounded in the foreleg by the retreating Germans throwing hand grenades. He was sent to the rear for convalescence, and as he had done on the front was able to improve morale. When he recovered from his wounds, Stubby returned to the trenches.

After being gassed himself, Stubby learned to warn his unit of poison gas attacks, located wounded soldiers in no man's land, and ? since he could hear the whine of incoming artillery shells before humans could ? became very adept at letting his unit know when to duck for cover. He was solely responsible for capturing a German spy in the Argonne. Following the retaking of Ch?teau-Thierry by the US. The women of the town made Stubby a chamois coat on which were pinned his many medals. He also helped free a French town from the Germans. At the end of the war, Conroy smuggled Stubby home.

220px-Sergeant_Stubby_3.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Stubby

dawg021_sl

shitlord
I did kinda fuck that post up , its supposed to be "The guns , Thank god the guns."

Ive enjoyed my time in the artillery. I liked being the guy everyone in the company would turn too as soon as we got in a TIC. " That grape hut , the one right fucking there , yeah i can fuck that up" Were a bit different in canada most of our Forward observers are JTAC's As well , so were always fucking busy.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
there's better military trollbait out there

do you even internet?