Minecraft

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Figured I would start this thread so the folks who aren't playing on McFly's server and want to post SSes of their builds but didn't want to spam his thread with pics can feel free to do it here.
smile.png
Also I would like to see what other people are doing and how you go about your progression.

Atm I am in the middle of adding my ME system to my base now that I have a quarry set up and running. The mining world I have is eternal night and rain. I don't mind the night cause I love trying to get new hats but I f'in hate the rain so I will more than likely be changing to another mining age after this max size quarry gets done mining.

I also did some aesthetic up grades to my house. I am finding if I do it a little at a time I am ok with it. I am planning on doing like 10 or 15 bases around different biomes in order to take advantage of the unique properties in a lot of them, in example the hot springs bio has water that heals you and the garden biomes has huge flowers you can farm.

And here are the SS of my base up grades. To run the ME system and the HUGE crafting machine I made I added 75 solar panels to the new room that houses my multi block ME crafting computer. I also added some more magmatic engines because I am about to start 5 - 6 automated farms and I wanted to be sure and have some energy production on hand to cover it all.

I took out the wheat farm and added the walk way, porches, plants, and a whole new back section.
rrr_img_37646.jpg

For the glass I used warded glass because I love how transparent it is. Also I am going to have to find a way to protect my animals. My base in chunk loaded so something must be getting in there with them while I am away and killing over 1/2 my farm at a time.
rrr_img_37647.jpg

That's the huge ravine I have behind my house. The checkered pattern is using spruce and willow woods.
rrr_img_37648.jpg

That's my solar panel cluster. They are surprisingly easy to make and when used in large numbers provide decent power production.
rrr_img_37649.jpg

My tank is full! Need to get my auto farms up today! hehe As you can see I have my bee collection in my bags. I am about to go make me a bee farm some where cause there are so many bees and combs now it is ridiculous! Those ME drives are holding about 400 more bees lol
rrr_img_37650.jpg

A pic of my cleaned up power plant room. Went back through and made all smooth stone since I had so much power to burn. I am in love with those extra utilities pipes.. between it and the ME system my bases are gonna be so neat and well run. :)
rrr_img_37651.jpg

Please post some pics of your projects and hell give some suggestions and critics... I love talking about MC and the fact that there are so many varied ways of doing something.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'd share some but I took down my 1.4.7 server and am waiting on FTB to catch up to 1.6 before I really dig into a new server. Once FTB catches up maybe I'll share some. I already have an idea for my base next time around.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So what's the usual startup routine you have for when you start a new map?

I've always rushed to build geothermal gens then branch from there. Is there a more fun route to take?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I've usually gone with the geothermal/Nether setup but last time I tried a Steve's Cart tree farm to burn the wood into charcoal and then pump that into Steam Engines. Worked out pretty well though the recipe for the Steve's cart modules have been changed since then so I'm not sure how viable it would be now as a mid-tier power source.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Stuff I did for the Trains mod. I'm sure you can find it still;

train_sample.jpg

Disregard the notes, they were for the programmer while we were hunting down a ghost coupling and firebox ignition bug.
train_bug_01.jpg

forney_2-4-0_close.jpg

and then I went crazy...

sd70_02.jpg

sd40_02.jpg

The dude who started the mod had issues getting the modern engines in since they had a bunch of angles and stuff that Minecraft has problems with.

Eventually I quit working on the mod since I realized that without a solid multiplayer implementation, the trains ran practically empty. It would take me hours of mining just to fill a single freight car. The engines were very useful, since it allowed you to park a gondola pretty much anywhere, hit the engine's breaks, or preset the engine to a set speed. Hitched cars would stay coupled to the engine preventing the silly bouncing you get from regular minecraft carts. For example, you could put together a circuit and have a train cycle though the circuit. Give multiple players appropriate cars (log, ore gondolas, or reefers) have them fill em up and then couple them to the engine as it came in.

I also put this together, but I don't think the mod guy ever got it in game, rather it had a lot of bugs in game and it was impossible to animate the shovel without a better editor.
steam_shovel.jpg

The problem really was the scope of the mod. If players were limited in how much they could carry, a mod like this would be useful. If ore had actual weight, this all would have worked. Unfortunately I rarely even filled my inventory, and usually I had enough of what I would ever need.

Perhaps on a multiplayer server with lots of people, mining and collecting resources on a mass scale, a mod like this would work great. As well as a mod that limits how much a person can carry, or sets weight on things. Other than that it worked great for mass long distance transportation even at night since monsters didn't attack the train. If monsters got on the track and you ran over them with a train they'd get insta-gibbed.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I typically aim myself down the Thermal Expansion branch with their starter steam engines running the pulverisers etc and gradually building ore stocks up. Once I get my first three diamonds I make a pick and a turtle and then a mining turtle! I then set that to do 7x7xbedrock quarries** while I start making the beginnings of a longer term power and machine structure. That used to be about it but next time round I'm going to do something vastly different.

I'm planning on using MFR to do a lot more in the realms of farming and subsequently biofuel and bioreactors to generate power and build my first AE storage system thus avoiding the same old nether infinite lava stuff and make a self sufficient base. It will lead to a much larger base and hopefully more fun building the layout etc. The pack I'm going to use (Tekkit) also has Galacticraft in it so once I've done all that I can put those resources into travelling to the moon!

**I've been playing minecraft since the free weekend back in alpha when his login servers blew up. I feel I've mined enough manually to last me a lifetime so now I'm happy to do enough to get me up and running but then shift it onto turtles and quarries when I can and do the stuff I actually find fun!

I'll also happily state I'm shameless enough to start with

/gamerule keepInventory true
/gamerule mobGriefing false

and play on hard so although I get murdered a lot, it doesn't make me want to ragequit because a creeper just insta-spawn blew up the power plant in my base.

Edit: ^^^ I used that mod once, loved the concept but sadly it was buggy as buggery at the time I tried it and I ended up just giving up on it never to return. Nice he kept on chugging and got something going out of it. Steve's Carts had some good ideas but a la Gregtech the looney started adding in unbelievably crazy timesink shit in it for ~~balance/vision~~ bullshit.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I start with 2 hobbiest steam engines with an aqueous accumulator to get my first machines, a pulverizer and powered furnace, running. Then I usually get a couple solar panels up and running to get me my basic ME pieces going, just the controller, interface, and drive holder to start. After that I usually segue into lava and magmatic engines cause it's such a waste to leave all that glowing goodness in the nether there and do another form at that tier. I build a huge iron tank and all the machines, like the rolling machine, I need to make the lava from the nether build work. Then after that I usually do bio and set up 8 wheat farms, around 10 stills, a moistener, 10 magma crucibles 2huch feed lava to around 30 - 40 bioengines, By then I have usually made all kinds of shit and then just start going through trying to out produce my quarries. I usually have 8 - 19 running at the end so it's really just not possible to do but I like to try anyway hehe Then I build nuclear if the pack has it.

Helldiver

Trains mod = Traincraft right?http://trains-and-zeppelin.wikispaces.com/home

Are you telling me that there is a SMP mod that adds those trains?
Yup, Traincraft. And yup, there's multiplayer for it. Back when I was working on it MP worked just fine.

If you're going to use the mod, keep track circuits at least 4 squares away from each other, like I show here:

train_bug_03.jpg

Otherwise one train may bug another one; coupling bugs, igniting the boiler, etc.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
They are freakin' amazing. I can't read up on the mod from where I am - can you tell me if there is any progression built in? As in farming mats and craft different pieces? Any trains that are "better" (faster, more capacity or w/e) than others?

I might just fire up my server again just to let my kid try it. This will blow her mind.

Helldiver

They are freakin' amazing. I can't read up on the mod from where I am - can you tell me if there is any progression built in? As in farming mats and craft different pieces? Any trains that are "better" (faster, more capacity or w/e) than others?

I might just fire up my server again just to let my kid try it. This will blow her mind.
Back when I worked on it, yeah. At least for the steamers you needed iron for most of the parts and the system was really simple. You could build a train pretty easily, especially the smaller steam engines. Steamers required coal, wood, sticks, to burn plus you needed water to keep the thing from catching on fire. If I recall correctly you had to make steel bars (it took graphite which you made with clay and coal, and iron bars). I just looked at the recipes and seems like they're still the same. Steamers requiring iron mainly. I think the diesels require steel.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Got my bee house set up. But after I got it built I found out only 2 bees will work there so gotta build another one. LOL

Got solar panels set up for my machines that will be in the basement.
rrr_img_37965.jpg

Got 11 apiaries set up in here.
rrr_img_37966.jpg

This is my machine room in the basement. I have a little ME system set up here to store my bees, combs, and the stuff from the combs.
rrr_img_37967.jpg

I made this island so I could keep it lit up easily to keep monsters from spawning. I was going to expand it to do trees here too but since I gotta make a new house I will breed my trees there instead.
rrr_img_37968.jpg

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Got my tree farm set up finally to start farming apples, saplings, and wood. I just started it 20 mins ago and OMG how fast and effective it is.

Look at those numbers!!! And I only started it 20 mins ago!!! Damn nice producing farm for sure!
rrr_img_38096.jpg

This is the guts of my farm. At the top in the middle you can see my planter. I have an emerald upgrade in it so it plants an area of 196 blocks! That is a lot of wood! hehe
The bottom right is the same colored ender chest as my quarries so it all is shipped to my ME system.
Right below and to the left of my planter you can see my power tesseract. And the other ender chest sitting on the floor in the bottom middle is my supply chest for when I was building the farm.
rrr_img_38097.jpg

A huge block of trees being cut down! I have a harvester and a fertilizer on each side, even though you only need 1 set with the same upgrade as the planter but I hate how slow they are and I wanted it then not in 30 mins lol.
rrr_img_38098.jpg

Got a HUGE sludge tank but in 20 mins it is already over one hundred and quarter... in 20 mins!!!!
Also look at teh size of the tank... that is the highest volume tank that you can make, 8X9X9
rrr_img_38099.jpg

This is my fertilizer and harvester setup. I am going to automate the fertilizer going in so I don't even have to be out here any more.
rrr_img_38100.jpg

Next steps will be getting my bio production up and going and finishing this.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the Let's Play series recommendation. There are a lot of helpful starter machines that I was neglecting that are really helpful. Thermal expansion goodies are super awesome right at the start of play.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have fun with your thermal expansion machine, while I sit here with my Iron pick digging away. sigh

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Have fun with your thermal expansion machine, while I sit here with my Iron pick digging away. sigh
Dear lord, what have I done. I have betrayed my Unicornia.

I will never be on the wrong side again.