Miniature Painting

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been doing some more searching, aquarium base materials might be a cheaper source for some things. As soon as you put a Warhammer/modeling label on some things, the price gets a 10x markup.

But, I don't mind paying for a few things if I think they'll work for me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Hell, there are multiple 3D printers on Etsy/Ebay/Etc that make all sorts of shit at 1/4th the price of GW.
Terrain bits, Skulls, KIAs, bricks, or any basing enhancement are all dummy spendy from GW direct.
Kromlech has big sale announced for the end of this month!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yep, you can get an elegoo resin printer for cheap, the results are great.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Making progress the last couple weeks. I think I've made it through Imperium 17. Time to put it on hold and work on my Custodes for a while.

20230314_032848126_iOS.jpg

20230314_032817587_iOS.jpg

20230305_144338227_iOS.jpg
20230309_024732747_iOS.jpg

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Work in progress, coming up on the finish line. Some Stormcast for Warcry.

1678775213417.png

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As some of you may recall I posted about Vonpol Vonpol my friend that passed away a year ago from cancer. He left me his unfinished death guard in his will. I wanted to surprised his parents when I go back too.

Here is Khalan Khalan paint job. May Grandfather Nurgle gift him 7 unholy blessings. I plan to ship Vonpol’s plague marines later this year to let him finish those.

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thats
As some of you may recall I posted about Vonpol Vonpol my friend that passed away a year ago from cancer. He left me his unfinished death guard in his will. I wanted to surprised his parents when I go back too.

Here is Khalan Khalan paint job. May Grandfather Nurgle gift him 7 unholy blessings. I plan to ship Vonpol’s plague marines later this year to let him finish those.

That’s awesome you’re doing that for him. Nice work as usual Khalan Khalan

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Very awesome of you. I hope his parents start playing.

• 1Like

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Just getting into Age of Sigmar with my kids and bought 2 starter armies and am sending them out to be painted. Anything specific I should remember to ask the painter to look at/do? It's Ironjawz and Slaves to Darkness if that matters.

I have been sitting on a starter box of Stormcast/Khorne for like 6 years and never painted and only half assembled them. Hoping having someone else's work in front of me will inspire me to make the time to paint those armies as well so we can have 4 to choose from. We'll see, haha.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just getting into Age of Sigmar with my kids and bought 2 starter armies and am sending them out to be painted. Anything specific I should remember to ask the painter to look at/do? It's Ironjawz and Slaves to Darkness if that matters.

I have been sitting on a starter box of Stormcast/Khorne for like 6 years and never painted and only half assembled them. Hoping having someone else's work in front of me will inspire me to make the time to paint those armies as well so we can have 4 to choose from. We'll see, haha.

Gotta ask yourself if you're honestly going to sit there and practice the art

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

At the risk of sounding like a crack dealer... paint them with your kids. All of them, including the 2 starter armies you bought. It would probably mean more to them to play with armies they painted... at least at first anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah and I dont think its such a bad thing to get an army done so they can see a finished product and have something to aspire towards. With meta/points changes youre gonna be adding to the collection, so get the first 2k or so done, then do your own as you add to it.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking to get back into painting mini's for KT. I have a ton of citadel pots that have been sitting for about five years. I'm going through them now and finding most have a layer of moisture on top and the pigment is all at the bottom. Are these things salvageable if I just shake the fuck out of them?

The way I was taught was with citadel paints, washes, and highlights. Should I just dump all this shit and learn a better technique? I'm definitely a painting noob but I think my stuff came out non-embarrassing when I was doing it.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking to get back into painting mini's for KT. I have a ton of citadel pots that have been sitting for about five years. I'm going through them now and finding most have a layer of moisture on top and the pigment is all at the bottom. Are these things salvageable if I just shake the fuck out of them?

The way I was taught was with citadel paints, washes, and highlights. Should I just dump all this shit and learn a better technique? I'm definitely a painting noob but I think my stuff came out non-embarrassing when I was doing it.
If you are getting back into mini painting after 5 years, look up contrast paints. They come in different names from other manufacturers as well (speed paints, express paints, etc).

The big thing people have been getting into lately is using those over a model primed black with white highlights. Someone started calling it "slap chop" and while the name is the stupidest fucking name ever, the concept is solid. You do those 2 steps and you can get away with skipping the highlight and the wash.

• 1Like