Mist Mostly Mightily Blames Other People or MMMBOP for short.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Not even a litttle bit retard my comment was on the success of my thread, and had nothing to do with your headmate

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Why would you undertake to pay off her credit card bills rather than let her go into bankruptcy?

iannis

Musty Nester
They probably can't take the house. In fact, if it's only credit cards I'm sure they can't.

All your mom -really- has to pay is the mortgage, the groceries, and the utilities. Servicing her debt is optional. 25% is usury. Legally it isn't, and thank you Mr. Bush, but it's usury. While there might be some lingering social ethic to not default -- fuck the jews. Offer a fair rate. This scheme cannot sustain itself.

The upside is that if that happens, no one will give your mom a credit card for about 5 years.

iannis

Musty Nester
They will THREATEN to take everything. Empty.

Unless a deputy shows up at your door. If you did that it would be about 3 years of weekly calls from people pretending to be lawyers. And if that happens it'll go in front of a magistrate. There are federal laws against home seizure for credit card debt.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They can't take the house, but they can put liens on it, which means I'll never get the money when they're dead, which can't be that far off.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to try to reactivate the SBA loan that was offered after the flood. That's pretty much my best shot at this point.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Kill mother hide body under new house say she moved back to wherever the fuck it is you live now i cant remember profit

iannis

Musty Nester
At about the five year mark they will start to call offering deals. The debt will have been sold multiple times at that point, and the guy that far downstream will be looking for 20% or so. Taking that deal, still optional, does at least relieve some of the stress of it. Doesn't do anything for your credit.

I've had family go about 20k in the hole. It's not pleasant to deal with... but the real thing is to keep your old phone number that they have on file so that they have somewhere to call and don't look too hard for a new one and then get a new one for -everything- else. And if they start to call you at work then you have to play along long enough to get contact info from them and then sick the county/state on them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At about the five year mark they will start to call offering deals. The debt will have been sold multiple times at that point, and the guy that far downstream will be looking for 20% or so. Taking that deal, still optional, does at least relieve some of the stress of it. Doesn't do anything for your credit.

I've had family go about 20k in the hole. It's not pleasant to deal with... but the real thing is to keep your old phone number that they have on file so that they have somewhere to call and don't look too hard for a new one and then get a new one for -everything- else. And if they start to call you at work then you have to play along long enough to get contact info from them and then sick the county/state on them.
She's been through this process once before, so don't really need the explanation, but thanks.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
They can't take the house, but they can put liens on it, which means I'll never get the money when they're dead, which can't be that far off.
Mist they can't place liens on debts post-petition, so just get to file BK prior to them filing suit and getting a judgement lien against your property and those debts will be washed by chapter 7.

Pre-petition liens will remain to the extent there is extra equity in the house.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Mist they can't place liens on debts post-petition, so just get to file BK prior to them filing suit and getting a judgement lien against your property and those debts will be washed by chapter 7.

Pre-petition liens will remain to the extent there is extra equity in the house.
Buh buh her mom's credit score!!