MLB 2013 season

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God, they never seem to lose to the Cards by 1 or 2 runs. It's always a savage shellacking when they lose to them.

edit: 9-1. Hopefully they can bounce back in the postseason from an asswhipping like they usually did in the regular season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No way are the Pirates going to go out quietly. Yeah, this is the first time a lot of these guys are in the postseason and Burnett had a real choke job today, but they destroyed the Cards pretty often in the regular season.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Woo! Cards rocked the house on game 1. Hope it continues through to tomorrow.

I can't believe Burnett didn't have backup coming after the HR, then Holliday gets a double off him and he hits Adams. I'd of been like..ok you're done but no. He walks the next 2 batters (no outs still so bases loaded) that allows a run to score. Then a hit which gets in 3 runs for a total of 7 runs. After each pitch watching this I was like, surely they're gonna yank him especially after loaded bases with no outs.

Also heard that 7 runs in an inning for an NLDS game is a record, dunno if that's confirmed though. (might've been with no outs on the board and 7..)

Finally, Wainwright is still outstanding.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pitt coming out strong in game 2.

Good.
Glad they bounced back with a blowout win. Good for them

Dusty Baker fired! I'm surprised it happened so soon. I agree with the move. The Reds improved the team in the offseason with the Choo signing and he stepped up big time. No reason they should have finished the way they did.

Got tickets to the ALDS games tonight and tomorrow. At least I can still be excited about the postseason.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Homefield advantage: Pittsburgh!

I really like Gerrit Cole, hopefully he fares better long term than previous home grown young aces like Oliver Perez and Kris Benson.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Gotta admit Pirates came out strong today. I figured this would go to 4/5 games between a couple of good teams. Cards gotta majorly up their game while on the road.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dusty would be a great hire for the Mariners. Dusty can bring a bad team back from the depths. The Mariners won't win anything with him, but they'll be relevant.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Except, you know, that Dusty Baker is a destroyer of young pitching, which is the only thing the Mariners even potentially have going for them right now.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tigers take game 1, Scherzer is my hero.

Hopefully Verlanders not so impressive post season tradition comes to an end tonight.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Except, you know, that Dusty Baker is a destroyer of young pitching, which is the only thing the Mariners even potentially have going for them right now.
I think that's not a problem for him anymore. At least he didn't do that with the Reds. Mike Leake and Tony Cingrani are both young pitchers that he managed well. Cingrani would typically pitch only 5-6 innings in his starts.

I hope the not-so-impressive regular season Verlander is the Verlander we see tonight. Not the Verlander who consistently dominates the A's.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Verlander who consistently dominates the A's showed up. Thanks, Tigers bullpen and Sonny Gray. Quite a pitcher's duel.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In a 1 - 0 loss I can't even get mad at out bullpen really. No excuse for our hitters to goose egg.

Glad to see Verlander turn out a good postseason performance. Oh well, on to Detroit!

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I think that's not a problem for him anymore. At least he didn't do that with the Reds. Mike Leake and Tony Cingrani are both young pitchers that he managed well. Cingrani would typically pitch only 5-6 innings in his starts.
I still want him nowhere near Danny Hultzen's labrum.