MLB 2022: Georgia Gets the Last Laugh

Who wins the 2022 World Series?

• Total voters

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Votto on social media and Hunter Greene are the only entertaining parts of this Reds season.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My die hard Dodgers fan dad was like “no game today. Can’t lose if you don’t play.”

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The one thing about the Josh Donaldson thing that I thought was weird is he never really defended himself in the way that seemed most obvious. The idea of some decent player who's been in the league 5-6 years (and only one All-Star nod in that time) and hardly any casual fan knows saying they're like the next Jackie Robinson is utterly ludicrous. That's insane hubris and is itself diminishing of Jackie Robinson's legacy. That totally is something to mock someone about, but he never really framed his explanation that way. If some dude came up and said he was going to be the next Babe Ruth and he obviously wasn't, he'd absolutely get mocked by other players I'm sure.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The one thing about the Josh Donaldson thing that I thought was weird is he never really defended himself in the way that seemed most obvious. The idea of some decent player who's been in the league 5-6 years (and only one All-Star nod in that time) and hardly any casual fan knows saying they're like the next Jackie Robinson is utterly ludicrous. That's insane hubris and is itself diminishing of Jackie Robinson's legacy. That totally is something to mock someone about, but he never really framed his explanation that way. If some dude came up and said he was going to be the next Babe Ruth and he obviously wasn't, he'd absolutely get mocked by other players I'm sure.
I found this weird also. Sadly, some Yankees and Boone also came out against Donaldson in the scenario.

Another sad mark for baseball, and sports in general. This whole society is just gay now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The thing that worries me is what happens if Gonsolin comes back down to earth? They will have no legit, good starting pitcher. I suppose the jury is still out on Kershaw.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking Ohtani breaking up the no-hitter for Anderson.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a White Sox and Tim Anderson fan, and even I feel it's very disrespectful and a mockery for anyone to call themselves "the next Jackie Robinson or the JR of this generation". Nobody will ever have to go through what JR did. The burden he carried can never be match in sports again... because he changed it.

Jackie should probably have a statue or a picture up at every MLB, NFL, and NBA stadium.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a White Sox and Tim Anderson fan, and even I feel it's very disrespectful and a mockery for anyone to call themselves "the next Jackie Robinson or the JR of this generation". Nobody will ever have to go through what JR did. The burden he carried can never be match in sports again... because he changed it.

Jackie should probably have a statue or a picture up at every MLB, NFL, and NBA stadium.
A case could be made that Tim Anderson could have been fined or suspended

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man what an absolute disaster of a contract this is turning out to be. Halos should really think about trading everyone and just loading up on a ton of prospects. They make the absolute free agency signings/have terrible luck. Pujols, Rendon, Hamilton, Zack Cozart (was also a horrific deal).

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Man what an absolute disaster of a contract this is turning out to be. Halos should really think about trading everyone and just loading up on a ton of prospects. They make the absolute free agency signings/have terrible luck. Pujols, Rendon, Hamilton, Zack Cozart (was also a horrific deal).

As a Dodgers fan

• 1Like