MLB 2022: Georgia Gets the Last Laugh

Who wins the 2022 World Series?

• Total voters

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wow! Buckle up boys! This is gonna be insane. Might be the biggest trade package ever for a potentially legendary hitter who is so young. *Rejected $440 million.

I can't even grasp the concept of being in a position where you are like "naw, $440,000,000 isn't enough money for me". Jesus.

I mean, if they can get more I don't blame them, but gosh damn.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't even grasp the concept of being in a position where you are like "naw, $440,000,000 isn't enough money for me". Jesus.

I mean, if they can get more I don't blame them, but gosh damn.

I don't think it's necessarily the money. I think he just wants to win and doesn't think the Nationals give him the best chance of success. He'd be signing away his entire career for a franchise that doesn't have a bright future.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think it's necessarily the money. I think he just wants to win and doesn't think the Nationals give him the best chance of success. He'd be signing away his entire career for a franchise that doesn't have a bright future.

No, I get that too. But walking away from almost half a billion dollars is just mind-blowing (and again, not faulting him in any way).

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Orioles took Matt Holliday's kid at #1 - he legit looks like a teenage softball girl, it's odd.

Andruw Jones' kid at #2 for the DBacks (Consensus best player in the draft).

The Rangers took Kumar Rocker at #3 which was one of the biggest draft surprises ever. Which puzzled a lot of fans, until the money they saved from his selection allowef them to take the #11 rated player in the draft in the 4th round, in Brock Porter, RHP. Porter had huge signability concerns and wanted Top 4 money. So the Rangers probably landed two ace-upside talents with no 2nd or 3rd round pick. Fairly impressive. Most people are not used to the competency in the last 8 yrs in DFW. Chris Young as GM has been great.

Edit: Holliday's gir, er kid.
download (5).jpeg

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember when Harper did that, and then the Nats won it all the next year.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Orioles took Matt Holliday's kid at #1 - he legit looks like a teenage softball girl, it's odd.

Andruw Jones' kid at #2 for the DBacks (Consensus best player in the draft).

The Rangers took Kumar Rocker at #3 which was one of the biggest draft surprises ever. Which puzzled a lot of fans, until the money they saved from his selection allowef them to take the #11 rated player in the draft in the 4th round, in Brock Porter, RHP. Porter had huge signability concerns and wanted Top 4 money. So the Rangers probably landed two ace-upside talents with no 2nd or 3rd round pick. Fairly impressive. Most people are not used to the competency in the last 8 yrs in DFW. Chris Young as GM has been great.

Edit: Holliday's gir, er kid.
View attachment 422961
It's so funny, cause on the front page of ESPN yesterday it had a headline about the draft, but showed a picture of (what I thought) was a girl. Turns out it is indeed a dude.

• 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's so funny, cause on the front page of ESPN yesterday it had a headline about the draft, but showed a picture of (what I thought) was a girl. Turns out it is indeed a dude.
With the DH now league wide, I wouldn't be surprised if an MLB team took their 20th round pick and used it on a softball pitcher to send to the minors and see if they couldn't be the first team to integrate women into the bullpen.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Man the As are a piece of shit organization.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's actually really sad how shitty the city of Oakland treats it's teams. There are some really good fans in Oakland, especially A's fans, but the ownership is just garbage.

These All star uniforms are pretty slick

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That was a slick pickoff by Kershaw.

Stat that I had no idea about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The doubleheader obviously wasn't great but it's not something to get overly worked up about.

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The doubleheader obviously wasn't great but it's not something to get overly worked up about.
I do think Cashman needs to grab another outfield bat. Benintendi would be perfect. This lineup could still use a higher quality, contact-first bat. Also, another bullpen arm (losing Green hurt).

Sterling

El Presidente
I do think Cashman needs to grab another outfield bat. Benintendi would be perfect. This lineup could still use a higher quality, contact-first bat. Also, another bullpen arm (losing Green hurt).
There's almost always room for improvement.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Another great bullpen arm lost for the year due to an elbow fracture. Sad times...

Judge up to 36 HRs so far. The dream of "60" is still alive.