MLB 2023: Houst*n wins, America loses

Other than your favorite team, who wins the 2023 World Series?

• Total voters

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did and no one hit 350+ foot flies like that. I never played to a level where people were hitting bombs like that. With like three more feet that ball would have been a home run.
The two most likely outcomes of a deep fly ball are either a home run or a fly out, if it's a fly out then you have to get your ass back to first and if it's a home run you don't need to run anyway. I've only found the one angle of the replay but it looks like Harper was halfway to third when that fucking ball was caught, so yes TheNozz TheNozz was correct when he called it an incredibly fucking stupid base running mistake.

We're talking basic fundamental shit that gets taught to you at the earliest level of little league so yeah it's a big deal when an all time great like Harper fucks up such a low level skill, especially when it loses you a playoff game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That one play didn't "lose them" the game. Even if Harper stayed put they still would've still had a <10% chance to win.

And balls like that make it to the gap all the time. If what you're saying is true people would never hit triples. The hang time plus finding the defensive gap is what gives runners enough time to even turn a triple. That play was just a helluva catch and it was worth the gamble to gut out a run to tie it. If you stay put you're almost still guaranteed a loss so it was worth it.

Players don't always make this catch. It took a killer read, break, and timed jump to make the play. Don't act like this is a fucking routine outfield fly.

1000008141.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That one play didn't "lose them" the game. Even if Harper stayed put they still would've still had a <10% chance to win.

And balls like that make it to the gap all the time. If what you're saying is true people would never hit triples. The hang time plus finding the defensive gap is what gives runners enough time to even turn a triple. That play was just a helluva catch and it was worth the gamble to gut out a run to tie it. If you stay put you're almost still guaranteed a loss so it was worth it.

Players don't always make this catch. It took a killer read, break, and timed jump to make the play. Don't act like this is a fucking routine outfield fly.

View attachment 494494
It's unbelievable that you're trying to argue someone being thrown out from the warning track didn't fuck up his base running. I mean if it was some highlight reel throw like the ole Ichiro laserbeam then maybe I'd cut him some slack but this was a rushed throw that the first cutoff man couldn't field and Bryce was still thrown out with room to spare because he over-ran the play so badly. Harris made the kind of solid defensive play you expect to see in the postseason but it wasn't some impossible jawdropper. Nobody is talking about fucking "staying put", if he stops around second to watch the outfielder he makes it back to first on a catch and still scores on anything but a perfect defensive carom if it hits the wall. Bryce fucked up his fundamentals while Harris and Riley remembered theirs.

BTW, Jomboy says you're wrong too.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
BTW, Jomboy says you're wrong too.

Did you even watch that vid? Half of it is dedicated to the REAL reason they lost - the two run bomb. Then Jomboy says what Harper "probably" should have done but he really tallies it up to quality defensive play. He doesn't say Harper made a little league mistake like you guys are going on about.

Aggressiveness has paid off for the Phillies more often than not thus far and when you're playing what appears to be a better team that aggressiveness can pay off. It didn't this time. Maybe the bullpen should just not blow it in the first place.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you even watch that vid? Half of it is dedicated to the REAL reason they lost - the two run bomb. Then Jomboy says what Harper "probably" should have done but he really tallies it up to quality defensive play. He doesn't say Harper made a little league mistake like you guys are going on about.
Yeah it popped up on YT while i was writing the post and it was the first vid I've seen that had an angle that showed how badly Harper over-ran so I came up with a thin justification to include it. You keep missing the point over and over though so I'm gonna stop wasting my time.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Harper plays one way, and that will help you win more than it will cause you to lose. Check out what he did tonight after that dumbass Arcia poked the bear. Phillies fans will take that tradeoff all day every day

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sad to think that Kershaw's (potentially) last time in a Dodgers uniform was giving up 6 runs in the 1st inning, and recording 1 out.

• 1Rustled

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Baseball players are such salty little bitches. Just watch, they will probably throw at Harper's head now.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yall are all welcome to come on board the Astros Bandwagon Train. It aint got no brakes on it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have zero issue with Harper's baserunning in game 2. He's not going to get any better chance to score than right there - go for the win.

Texas Rangers incoming to save the US from another cheaters world series.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users