MLB 2024: Rangers Conquer Texas, Then America

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

Different knee than the one he tore a few years ago.

IMG_2445.jpeg

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_2481.jpeg

While it’s a shame the color barrier existed, I don’t think k this remedies anything, in fact you’ll prob further divide fans more if nothing else

I happen to think there’s no way of knowing how Negro League players would have performed in MLB and vice versa, so this is really an empty gesture at best and pandering at worst

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
View attachment 530536
While it’s a shame the color barrier existed, I don’t think k this remedies anything, in fact you’ll prob further divide fans more if nothing else

I happen to think there’s no way of knowing how Negro League players would have performed in MLB and vice versa, so this is really an empty gesture at best and pandering at worst
So Ichiro is indisputably the all-time hits leader then.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
View attachment 530536

I'm chiming in here because my dad called me about this. He went on and on about The Negro League... Dad, it was before YOUR time. (He made a couple great points though).

Anyway. My fathers/grandfathers generation does care about this. Give those guys their credit. I'm not sure anything needs to be remedied really. We have no idea how well/poor TNL players if allowed, would have performed, but it's still cool to compare the stats.

It's not an empty gesture IMO. There is not much that MLB could do now other than acknowledge and include. They did the best they could with a bad situation. Me personally, I like it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm chiming in here because my dad called me about this. He went on and on about The Negro League... Dad, it was before YOUR time. (He made a couple great points though).

Anyway. My fathers/grandfathers generation does care about this. Give those guys their credit. I'm not sure anything needs to be remedied really. We have no idea how well/poor TNL players if allowed, would have performed, but it's still cool to compare the stats.

It's not an empty gesture IMO. There is not much that MLB could do now other than acknowledge and include. They did the best they could with a bad situation. Me personally, I like it.
Same so many excellent players came out of negro leagues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
So now half of the top 10 lifetime batting average leaders are from the Negro league, facing pitchers that nobody else did, in randomly sized parks, etc, etc.

I have my stats from tape ball, summer of '91. Can we include those, so that I've got a spot on baseball-reference.com? Oh is now the all time home run leader, right? Do those not score enough virtue signal points?!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So now half of the top 10 lifetime batting average leaders are from the Negro league, facing pitchers that nobody else did, in randomly sized parks, etc, etc.

I have my stats from tape ball, summer of '91. Can we include those, so that I've got a spot on baseball-reference.com? Oh is now the all time home run leader, right? Do those not score enough virtue signal points?!

Ya. We get that it's not perfect/clean. If it wasn't for the absolute color barrier I would chalk it up to the ABA/NBA. But those were two competing leagues, with players having a choice on which to play for. So apples and oranges. BUT I would absolutely not want those ABA stats in the NBA.

MLB/NL baseball? How many players from that era were in the Negro Leagues? 5000? I don't know. Even if the top 10% from those leagues made major league rosters. That's a helluva talent infusion. Stats all around would be...different to say the least.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That announcement was brought to you by DraftKings.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users