MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean I've said it a million times, every team does dirt. It's scale and egregiousness that matters. Context is a thing.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Other teams cheating doesn't excuse the Astros from cheating. Even if 7 other teams did literally the exact same thing in 2017, cheating is still cheating.

I don't think the title should be vacated. Other teams were probably doing the same or similar thing. Teams with known steroid users haven't had to vacate their titles. Yes I know the scale of a few players taking steroids is different than an entire organization doing what the Astros did. If the Astros had only won because of cheating, then they would have lost every road game in the postseason. They were kinda like the Patriots, good enough to win without cheating, but cheated just because they could.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I mean I've said it a million times, every team does dirt. It's scale and egregiousness that matters. Context is a thing.
Literally everyone except for Muurloen Muurloen agrees with this statement. For some reason he wants to continue his crusade to prove just how retarded he can be.

I will state it again. If any team, Dodgers included, get caught doing the same thing, I will be right there to shit talk them and take away any success they've had. The level they went to in order to cheat, was far and away the most egregious to date.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Other teams cheating doesn't excuse the Astros from cheating. Even if 7 other teams did literally the exact same thing in 2017, cheating is still cheating.

I don't think the title should be vacated. Other teams were probably doing the same or similar thing. Teams with known steroid users haven't had to vacate their titles. Yes I know the scale of a few players taking steroids is different than an entire organization doing what the Astros did. If the Astros had only won because of cheating, then they would have lost every road game in the postseason. They were kinda like the Patriots, good enough to win without cheating, but cheated just because they could.
Vacating wins is dumb, it's not like people don't know that they won those games. People can decide for themselves how much they care about that shit, Same goes with the HoF. Put Rose, Clemens, Bonds, Arod in and let people decide how much they care about how they rank all time or whatever.

• 2Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Literally everyone except for Muurloen Muurloen agrees with this statement. For some reason he wants to continue his crusade to prove just how retarded he can be.

I will state it again. If any team, Dodgers included, get caught doing the same thing, I will be right there to shit talk them and take away any success they've had. The level they went to in order to cheat, was far and away the most egregious to date.
The only crusade here is the squashing buzzergate bullshit. Its fucking fake news and it needs to god damn end.

• 1Picard

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Ok let’s stop talking about the buzzers

Let’s get back to talking about Altuve going from top 5 most loved player in baseball to the absolute biggest villain in a decade. All he did was cheat (as he admitted) to win the MVP and WS.

Fuck that asshole in his stupid goat ass

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Clevinger slams Astros, again: 'Biggest piece of shit in baseball history'

Well it looks like I am gonna have to prepare for Clevinger's impending suspension. If he doesnt hit an Astro batter, then he is a bitch.

• 2Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clevinger slams Astros, again: 'Biggest piece of shit in baseball history'

Well it looks like I am gonna have to prepare for Clevinger's impending suspension. If he doesnt hit an Astro batter, then he is a bitch.
We will get you a Clevinger jersey after he breaks Altuve's jaw.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Anderson joked the only way for Oakland to communicate would be through the ballpark's decaying infrastructure. "The lights go out, it's a curveball," Anderson said. "If there's a sewage backup, it's a fastball."

BB10di8O.img

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
ok, watching baseball could actually be interesting this year.... for a week or so, then wake me up when it's September and realize that Mets we out of running since mid August and the game is still boring as hell

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Every year friends and I talk about doing a spring training trip and never do.

• 1Solidarity

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I was hoping a stray ball would land by me during warmups and a Dodger would be like “A little help?”

On the other hand, this is prob what would have happened:

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Every year friends and I talk about doing a spring training trip and never do.
This has come up a bunch of times and we've just never actually done it. It would be pretty awesome to do at least once though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Did it once like 8 years ago but now we could afford to be a bit more extravagant and not so frugal.