MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly after watching some of Khabib's fights again, specifically his fight against McGregor, its not impressive.

He spends most of the fight calculating a shot(takedown), he did land a nice punch against Conor but he kind of has lived off of that one punch and people now give him credit as a good striker. But he really isnt, he is boring as fuck and just wrestlefucks you against the cage. I would love to see how Khabib does in a ring when he cant just fence press.

Every single fight he just smothers and wins a boring decision, or smothers, overwhelms and submits. You have to respect his high level of technical skill, and his consistency. But outside of that he is the most consistently boring champion in UFC history.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly after watching some of Khabib's fights again, specifically his fight against McGregor, its not impressive.

He spends most of the fight calculating a shot(takedown), he did land a nice punch against Conor but he kind of has lived off of that one punch and people now give him credit as a good striker. But he really isnt, he is boring as fuck and just wrestlefucks you against the cage. I would love to see how Khabib does in a ring when he cant just fence press.

Every single fight he just smothers and wins a boring decision, or smothers, overwhelms and submits. You have to respect his high level of technical skill, and his consistency. But outside of that he is the most consistently boring champion in UFC history.
Honest question because I haven't been following MMA nearly as closely as I used to. But do people actually credit Khabib as being a good striker? Cause I don't see that as being the main strength discussed about him.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not that people credit him for being a good striker, but they highlight that moment as evidence he is competent in that area.

He has gotten better no doubt. He has been a champion for a LONG time now. I think he has been in the UFC since 2012?

He has paved the way for other fighters from that area though. Khazmat dude that Adesayna calls rat lip is from Chechnya I believe (he lives in Sweden) and there is like 4 other fighters from Dagestan that train with him and are in UFC.

Floyd Mayweathers guy Murad is a beast. I think he's from Uzbekistan? There are a lot of badass fighters from that region.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
But do people actually credit Khabib as being a good striker?

People call his striking style words like "eccentric," claiming that to be effective you don't need to look good. That all of his twitchy footwork and shit hand placement are all carefully calculated to take you down. Which they are; but just because your shit movements are effective doesn't make you a good striker. If he couldn't rely on the incredible strength of his wrestling he would get picked apart.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i believe khabib vs diamond is up on youtube now, just watch how depleted diamond is during the 3rd round, never seen him running on fumes

• 1Seriously?

Goatface

1603385900151.png

=

1603386393322.png

prop bets :)
1603387051141.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Don't worry, baby girl. I'll make you pretty.

LMAO, Okaaaay.

1 month bet it is that Khabib whatever beats up Justin Alphabetsoup. I'm taking Khabib because everyone thinks he's russian but in fact he's a Muzzie CHechen

Amod Amod notary public this shit

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
LMAO, Okaaaay.

1 month bet it is that Khabib whatever beats up Justin Alphabetsoup. I'm taking Khabib because everyone thinks he's russian but in fact he's a Muzzie CHechen

Amod Amod I agree that when Khabib loses(edit: to Gaethje on 10/24/20), Araysar will be required to use this as his avatar for 1 month.

1603390156015.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LMAO, Okaaaay.

he's a muzzie russian
maxresdefault.jpg

now that fedor is garbage putin goes all in on khaabib

• 1Seriously?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
he's a muzzie russian
maxresdefault.jpg

now that fedor is garbage putin goes all in on khaabib

he's not a russian, dude.

hes a dagestani/chechen who happens to live in russia because Putin told all of them that they'd have their own country over putin's dead body