MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
eh, dick shots, thats why they have a cup, it's not like ppl are fighting with goggles, you can actually "walk it off" with a dick shot, but what can you do when you lose your peripheral vision?

thats why most loses happen with hook to the eyepoked side.

That's the thing though. You have your accidental inside leg kicks, then you have your Cheick Kongo's blasting people with knees directly to the balls. Multiple times per fight.

So I don't know if point for eyepoke is some kind of final resolution for cheaters. There's still probably some Cheick Kongo's out there making nut shots just as bad as an eyepoke.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
eyepokes can probably be solved with less shit gloves but people have been banging on about that for years and the UFC dgaf.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Derek Lewis was talking on JRE recently about doing that on purpose because he knew he'd just get a warning.

I mean it's Derek Lewis so who knows if he's being serious...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Derek Lewis was talking on JRE recently about doing that on purpose because he knew he'd just get a warning.

I mean it's Derek Lewis so who knows if he's being serious...
no i'm pretty sure every eyepoke is NOT an accident and exactly done b/c you just get a warning

i don't believe black beast has ever eyepoked tho,

i mean, if youre getting beat and tired, go three stooges on his eyeball and you get a 5minute break.

oh, you already jabbed him? well kick him hard in the nuts then, another warning and you get another 5minute break.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
"Bro, I will f--kin rape you," Adesanya posted in a video to his Instagram story directed at fellow UFC middleweight Kevin Holland, who criticised Adesanya in an offensive manner last week. The post was no longer visible on Wednesday morning.

"Due to the comments made by an athlete online, we have reviewed our pending association with said athlete and we have decided not to push forward with a specific ambassador for the brand at this time in New Zealand."

=
Dustin picked conor over title fight

if justin wins next fight (unknown) he will probably get next title shot. think that will be 0% chance if Conor beats dustin
as for someone good, looks like only options are Rafael Dos Anjos, Beneil Dariush, or Islam Makhachev.
supposedly Rafael/Islam was already being talked about.

=
Endeavor is looking to own 100% of the UFC to take it public, currently owns 50.1%, Much of the other 49.9 percent is owned by the Silver Lake and KKR investment firms

if they go public would have to disclose all pay figures and shit right?

View attachment 344465

woodley has lost 3 in a row, but still in the top 10.
looks like they are still trying to pump o'malley, almeida has lost 3 in a row, 1 win in last 5 which was in 2016. guess o'malley just needs not to break anyway
lol, didn't realize half the main card fighters are coming off a loss
lulz wth, i don't like woodley, but how the fuck is he +200 against a nobody at -250? woodley is the money play, sure he lost 3x in a row, but they were losses to the top3 WW's, the first time luque fought a top 5, wonderboy, he lost.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to see eye pokes an auto point, end of story. Get a 2nd, you lose.

They should be a point, but there are gloves that basically eliminate eye pokes. The UFC's partner in gloves doesn't see the need to use them.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1616801637571.png

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stipe definitely fucked up Cormiers eye socket on purpose. It was sweet sweet revenge, and Im glad he poked him and then fucked him up.

Guys shouldn't do it on purpose though, it is awful.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
no i'm pretty sure every eyepoke is NOT an accident and exactly done b/c you just get a warning

i don't believe black beast has ever eyepoked tho,

i mean, if youre getting beat and tired, go three stooges on his eyeball and you get a 5minute break.

oh, you already jabbed him? well kick him hard in the nuts then, another warning and you get another 5minute break.
He was talking about kneeing someone in the balls

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stipe definitely fucked up Cormiers eye socket on purpose. It was sweet sweet revenge, and Im glad he poked him and then fucked him up.

Guys shouldn't do it on purpose though, it is awful.
so fucking blatent
giphy.gif

Jozu

Cormier is a piece of shit. Stipe got him back good. Cormiers eye was FUCKED.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He was talking about kneeing someone in the balls
i don't believe i've seen him do knees, tummy gets in the way, don't get me wrong, black beast i think is also one of the more active "kickers" at hw, but they're all side kicks and he famous did a jumping knee to the russian, but i don't remember knees in a clinch

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's got hands, so just like the Nate Robinson prefight all the awkward talk is meaningless. He doesn't care at all how he comes off in interviews. He made that clear in his last prefight tour.

He might be the most 0 fucks given guy in combat sports pertaining to how cringe or awkward he comes off when people try to tough talk him. He simply doesn't care.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Bum fights was too politically incorrect to live in the year 2021, but Tard fights is going on press tours?

THAT is the guy that has a huge social media following? What in the everliving fuck?

• 1Like

Jozu

The kid can have hands, but when it comes time to sell a fight you need a mouth.

Having deadpan responses and fake laughing and declaring you don't care is a bad look.

If he blasts him and notches another ko, then yea he builds a little more clout and can say his hands did the talking.

But selling a fight is selling a fight. Even the best fighters, who's hands were some of the best ever, were also legendary shit peddlers. Ali, Floyd Mayweather, McGregor etc.

Looking like a low iq uninterested dunce during press is just bad for business.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The kid can have hands, but when it comes time to sell a fight you need a mouth.

Having deadpan responses and fake laughing and declaring you don't care is a bad look.

If he blasts him and notches another ko, then yea he builds a little more clout and can say his hands did the talking.

But selling a fight is selling a fight. Even the best fighters, who's hands were some of the best ever, were also legendary shit peddlers. Ali, Floyd Mayweather, McGregor etc.

Looking like a low iq uninterested dunce during press is just bad for business.
You clearly don't understand his following then. I guarantee every fan of Jake Paul thought he got the better of that conversation, and are talking about how awesome he was during it. His fans and followers are straight retards.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty much which is why during the face off later Jake said to Askren "You're fat".

You need to think about what looks or sounds cool to his 11-12 year old fan base before criticizing his fight promotion skills. He needs the 10-12 year olds to grab mom's credit card come fight night.

Logan Paul goes for the 16-25 year old demo. Jake shoots for the 9-12 bracket before puberty hits.

"You got that belly"