MMA Thread

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lewis gonna get popped for PEDs and coke confirmed. Seems to always happen after being a hero..

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

slightly early start

UFC Fight Night 188 kicks off at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT for its preliminary card. The main card follows at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

UFC Fight Night 188 Weigh-in Results:
Rob Font (136) vs. Cody Garbrandt (135.5)
Xiaonan Yan (116) vs. Carla Esparza (116)
Justin Tafa (265.5) vs. Jared Vanderaa (264)
Felicia Spencer (145) vs. Norma Dumont (146)
Bill Algeo (145.5) vs. Ricardo Ramos (146)
Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185)
Ben Rothwell (265.5) vs. Chris Barnett (263)
Claudio Silva (169.5) vs. Court McGee (170.5)
Bruno Silva (125.5) vs. Victor Rodriguez (125.5)
Joshua Culibao (146) vs. Yilan Sha (146)
David Dvorak (126) vs. Juancamilo Ronderos (128.5)*
Yancy Medeiros (155) vs. Damir Hadzovic (156)
Rafael Alves (154.5) vs. Damir Ismagulov (155.5)

* Ronderos missed weight by 2.5 pounds and has been fined a percentage of his purse.

The weigh-ins for Saturday's event had a bit of drama in the early going, as Raulian Paiva was hospitalized after his weight cut went south. The promotion was able to find a replacement against David Dvorak, pulling in unbeaten newcomer Juancamilo Ronderos suddenly -- as first reported by MMA Junkie. Ronderos (128.5) did come in over the 126-pound cap, and he has been fined a percentage of his purse, but the fight is still on.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"We've moved on. Until hes ready to fight and then we will welcome him back with open arms for all the PPV sales."

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1621798880101.png

UFC has definitely moved on. No offer of pay above a LHW title defense.

This was as of Thursday during a UFC meeting. That's a wrap.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As soon as Francis has no challengers Jones will reappear.

But will Jones fight for his LHW fee? the 8-10 million was taken off the table

DW has signaled that the offer isn't coming back either. Its now LHW fee only. No extra money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
Dana will make it happen when he wants to make it happen. He keeps giving Jon the chance despite what he has said the last year. And this time I don't think the judges will be so favorable like in the Reyes fight.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That's my thing, Jones doesn't immediately make me say hell ya anymore. After his last few fights I don't want him in a headliner spot anymore, just doesn't get my excitement level up at all

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
But will Jones fight for his LHW fee? the 8-10 million was taken off the table

DW has signaled that the offer isn't coming back either. Its now LHW fee only. No extra money.
Dana is always thinking about setting a precedent, too. Fighter pay is a big topic and digging his heels in against JJ is a big message to send others.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh Lawd

I get that there's bad blood, but that's some shit to say

“As I get to more information as I’m with the lawyer, and the lawyer talks to Diego and asks Diego about his education, and he starts talking about he was in special education,” Fabia said. “Holy shit. Huge red flags, man.

“This is not, at all, what anyone who perceived, and Diego is not anywhere near what anybody knows, man. And Diego has been an addict. He hasn’t told anybody for the past five months, I was his sponsor living with him. That I had to live there because he was broke and lost all his money, and strung out on Kratom and alcohol and 30 other substances. That he has sexual abuse issues. No, he didn’t say any of that, man. And I’ve been holding up all this. I’ve been doing everything and everybody’s coming at me.”

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Genuinely praying for Diego. He is on the path of major self destruction.

Has to be the 1st real CTE case for MMA/UFC?