MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why would UFC matchmaker think this is one of those fights that need to be made?

I get the Diaz brothers have cache and get to assfuck the rankings and step in to take fights they dont deserve, but this really takes the cake. Its not a "money" fight. its not a fan fight that the public is clamoring for...I dont get it. Its not even a matchup fight where Diaz can be the one to derail Chamaev.

None of it makes sense.

What does make sense is Chamaev vs Masvidal or Covington, maybe even RDA and then he has to fight for the title. Usman is going to wipe down Covington again so I doubt he is going to want to fight Kazmat coming off another loss to Usman. Gamebred is fighting Edwards so really its only RDA.

Maybe thats why actually, when you really analyze it, Diaz is the only other fight for him in the near future besides RDA, who just pulled out of fighting him. Kazmat has taken a total of 3 significant strikes in his UFC career, none of which were real damaging strikes. How is Diaz supposed to have the strength to keep himself off the ground when Masvidal was able to take him down and abuse him.

Goatface

UFC 268 Official Weigh-in Results:​

MAIN CARD
  • Champion Kamaru Usman (169) vs. Colby Covington (169.4)
  • Champion Rose Namajunas (115) vs. Zhang Weili (115)
  • Frankie Edgar (135.6) vs. Marlon Vera (135)
  • Shane Burgos (145.6) vs. Billy Quarantillo (145.4)
  • Michael Chandler (155.2) vs. Justin Gaethje (155.6)
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Andreas Michailidis (185) vs. Alex Pereira (185.8)
  • Bobby Green (155.2) vs. Al Iaquinta (155.8)
  • Chris Curtis (186) vs. Phil Hawes (185.4)
  • Nassourdine Imavov (184.6) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.4)

PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Ian Garry (169.6) vs. Jordan Williams (170.6)
  • Chris Barnett (263.8) vs. Gian Villante (260.6)
  • John Allan (205) vs. Dustin Jacoby (203.6)
  • Melsik Baghdasaryan (145.4) vs. Bruno Souza (148.4)*
  • Ode Osbourne (125.2) vs. CJ Vergara (127.4)*

*missed weight

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you miss weight when you are just getting your foot in the UFC door? You get on a prelim undercard and you fat ass your way onto the scale in front of Dana. I will never understand this shit.

I LOVE this card. Going to be the first UFC I make sure to watch in a while now. GO GAETHJE!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Colby is going to get smoked again. Buddy of mine texted me that he was going to bet on Colby at +300. I wouldn't take him at +800

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I won't believe Kamaru Usman can be beaten, until he gets beaten.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Fuck yea, pumped about this one. Sounds like we've got a good crowd coming over tomorrow to watch this one. I want to see Rose kick Zhang's head into the fucking stratosphere.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Colby did better against Usman than pretty much anyone else.

This time he needs to figure out how to avoid the crushing body shots that sapped him in the first fight. And not suffer a broken jaw.

His only path to victory is somehow winning a decision.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If I buy the fight on my ESPN account, can I cast it to 2x TVs in my house? I sent out a last minute invite to a bunch of people last night not expecting most to show up due to short notice, but I've got a fucking mob coming over and it's too cold to hang out in the garage. I was hoping I could set up a 2nd TV and have it playing on both.

Goatface

If I buy the fight on my ESPN account, can I cast it to 2x TVs in my house? I sent out a last minute invite to a bunch of people last night not expecting most to show up due to short notice, but I've got a fucking mob coming over and it's too cold to hang out in the garage. I was hoping I could set up a 2nd TV and have it playing on both.
this was from 2019
1636217490580.png

don't see anything about it on the espn+ site

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user