MMA Thread

Goatface

welterweight showdown between Kelvin Gastelum against Nassourdine Imavov has been canceled due to visa issues for Imavov. Gastelum will not be given a replacement opponent. It is unclear if the matchup will be rescheduled, but Gastelum posted on Twitter that “we’re trying to figure out other options.”
Ilir Latifi against Alexey Oleynik has been added to the UFC 273 bill. Latifi vs. Oleynik was originally slated for UFC on ESPN 33 before Latifi pulled out hours before the card due to illness.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1648531530699.png

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
2 of these 3 are great. Jiri is awesome, and for Glover's sake I hope he can get it to the ground. Otherwise it is going to look very much like exactly what this fight is, a dude in his 20's beating a dude in his 40's to death.

I think Vettori is the only guy in the top 5 of MW that Whittaker hasn't fought, so that seems obvious. And I have 0 doubt Robert should win that handily.

Schevchenko on the other hand is just ugh... That division is about as bad as 135 was for years under Nunes, absolute ghost town of people for her to fight. I guess in good news, if Pena defends the belt, Schevchenko can finally move up and take that one too, since she couldn't get a win over Nunes.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
>> it is going to look very much like exactly what this fight is, a dude in his 20's beating a dude in his 40's to death

pretty much this. it's gonna be awesome. thats a super fast track for jiri as well for his third UFC fight. jon jones really left a huge vacuum when he left.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Teix is a legit OG

Even if he loses, I mean, he's not ducking the fight or trying to line up a can

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought Gustafsson retired already? I could have swore I saw him take his gloves off and leave them in the middle of the Octagon last time I saw him fight.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He did but it didn't stick and I think was supposed to fight in 2020? or something but then the pandemic held it up

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he said he was retiring after he lost to Anthony Smith but came back barely a year later to get subbed out in 2 minutes by Werdum at heavyweight.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, I totally missed that it happened, could of swore it got canceled