MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
on this eps of embedded

how fucking old is glover?

glover talks to forresst griffin, remember when he fought? glover is still fighting!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Glover is basically Joe Rogan fighting in the UFC. Not only fighting, but smashing guys, and the champion, at almost 50 years old.

His record is actually very impressive, 33-7, with 28 finishes, 18 of them KO/TKO. He is in great shape and has the highest level of boxing there is in MMA. His one two right hand left hook is Mike Tyson esque, with the way he loads up and throws his entire frame into the blows. He outstruck Jan, and them made him tap quick. Juri is probably going to win, but Glover isnt going to just fold up. The fight could turn into a slaughter though depending on just how high of on arc Procaszka(sp?) is on. We could be dealing with a once in a generation type of talent with this guy, he has 3 losses but his style and physical attributes make him different. If he trashes Glover watch out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Glover is basically Joe Rogan fighting in the UFC. Not only fighting, but smashing guys, and the champion, at almost 50 years old.

His record is actually very impressive, 33-7, with 28 finishes, 18 of them KO/TKO. He is in great shape and has the highest level of boxing there is in MMA. His one two right hand left hook is Mike Tyson esque, with the way he loads up and throws his entire frame into the blows. He outstruck Jan, and them made him tap quick. Juri is probably going to win, but Glover isnt going to just fold up. The fight could turn into a slaughter though depending on just how high of on arc Procaszka(sp?) is on. We could be dealing with a once in a generation type of talent with this guy, he has 3 losses but his style and physical attributes make him different. If he trashes Glover watch out.
jiri is gonna kd glover and he's gonna jump on top of glover and thats where he'll fuck up

Jozu

Some idiot on insta posted a meme saying Glover is 47 and I believed it lol.

He is only 42. Also the name Glover is awesome.

Jiri Denise by KO via uppercut. He has 26 finishes in 27 wins. The one decision was against a fat heavyweight in an open weight bout. This guy is A DEVASTATOR. He inflicted 3 fights worth of savage damage to Reyes in 30 seconds. A couple elbows and a right hand ruined the guys face almost instantly.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Some idiot on insta posted a meme saying Glover is 47 and I believed it lol.

He is only 42. Also the name Glover is awesome.

Jiri Denise by KO via uppercut. He has 26 finishes in 27 wins. The one decision was against a fat heavyweight in an open weight bout. This guy is A DEVASTATOR. He inflicted 3 fights worth of savage damage to Reyes in 30 seconds. A couple elbows and a right hand ruined the guys face almost instantly.
he finished 24 plebs from rizen and bumfuck

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx any requests for your avatar? I was thinking the Dung Eater from Elden Ring

1654792310621.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
jiri said he's a ground and pound fighter, not a submission "player". i've lost count of the number of times some brazilian like aldo, or BJJ peanut like gunnar rocks someone, puts them on the ground, then dives on them and fucks up going for a submission instead of just elbowing their heads into pulp. it's like they are deliberately trying to screw up the win.

Jozu

Jiri didnt just ko plebs. The guy has real KO power and is terrifying for real, not because of some created narrative.

Goatface

Zhang -160 vs Joanna +140

Esparza +300 vs Joanna -400
Esparza +130 vs Zhang -150

edit -

Main Card (ESPN+ pay-per-view at 10 p.m. ET)

Glover Teixeira (205) vs. Jiri Prochazka (205)
Valentina Shevchenko (124.5) vs. Taila Santos (125)
Joanna Jedrzejczyk (116) vs. Zhang Weili (116)
Andre Fialho (170.5) vs. Jake Matthews (170.5)
Jack Della Maddalena (170.5) vs. Ramazan Emeev (171)

Preliminary Card (ESPN2/ESPN+ at 8 p.m. ET)

Joshua Culibao (146) vs. Seung Woo Choi (146)
Maheshate (155.5) vs. Steve Garcia (155.5)
Brendan Allen (186) vs. Jacob Malkoun (186)
Early Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 5:30 p.m. ET)
Kyung Ho Kang (136) vs. Batgerel Danaa (136)
Liang Na (116) vs. Silvana Gomez Juarez (116)
Ramona Pascual (145) vs. Joselyne Edwards (145)

Note: Rogerio Bontorin vs. Manel Kape - fight canceled due to weight management issues from Bontorin’s side

Last edited:

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Some of these fights I don't even want to call

Glover Teixeira (205) vs. Jiri Prochazka (205)
Valentina Shevchenko
(124.5) vs. Taila Santos (125)
Joanna Jedrzejczyk (116) vs. Zhang Weili (116)
Andre Fialho (170.5) vs. Jake Matthews (170.5)
Jack Della Maddalena (170.5) vs. Ramazan Emeev (171)

I think Glover/Jiri could go either way. If Jiri fucks up, then I can see Glover take advantage. And I don't think Glover is a pushover. It's kind of a coin toss to me...but I'll say Jiri because I think it's hard for Glover to keep the belt very long, and Jiri is young and hungry.

Valentina is an easy pick

Is JJ back? ZW is a brute and I think she'll keep getting better. I dunno about JJ though. JJ prove me wrong

Fialho is favorited but I don't really know these two.

Emeev is my pick against the odds. I think he might be in for a rough night if he can't step it up

Jive Turkey

Karen
edit: nm found one

Jozu

Wow the Chinese lady landed a huge spinning back fist. Imagine if she had delivered an elbow there instead? She might have killed Joanna. Honestly Im kind of glad she got snuffed out there, as she could of ended up suffering a lot more brain damage if they had engaged in another brutal multiple round fight. Zhang just is too stronk. Just look at her, her arms and biceps make Joanna's look like she is a 12 year old boy.

edit: I dont blame her for hanging it up. She has taken a ton of damage in her career, as well as doled it out.

Last edited: