MMA Thread

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Almost 8 f'n lbs. It seems planned.

Maybe C Captain Suave can chime in, but I have to imagine that fighters are weighing in constantly leading up to big event weigh-ins, to check progress. Given the timing, this looks tremendously like UFC trying to save the card/face since Khabib's boy clearly didn't follow any of the protocols for the big fight.

I'm honestly surprised Nate didn't just say "Nah fuck this shit" completely - he almost has to be getting some kind of massive payout to still be on the card that may not show up in the registers. Even if this is just a big FU to the UFC brass, Nate knows how to get Connor money. I'm thinking they may have flashed something similar to Connor money at him to keep the fight on and let the shuffle happen.

gak

<Gold Donor>
I'm sitting here thinking that is what Everquest Ogres should sound like
hey.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Almost 8 f'n lbs. It seems planned.

Maybe C Captain Suave can chime in, but I have to imagine that fighters are weighing in constantly leading up to big event weigh-ins, to check progress. Given the timing, this looks tremendously like UFC trying to save the card/face since Khabib's boy clearly didn't follow any of the protocols for the big fight.

I'm honestly surprised Nate didn't just say "Nah fuck this shit" completely - he almost has to be getting some kind of massive payout to still be on the card that may not show up in the registers. Even if this is just a big FU to the UFC brass, Nate knows how to get Connor money. I'm thinking they may have flashed something similar to Connor money at him to keep the fight on and let the shuffle happen.
in all of this nate came in like a professional

he came in on weight and examined his options

think about that, the munchie eating pothead is more of a pro than the entitled arab

it wasn't even the diaz crew that fucked up the press conference it was the arabs vs. the blacks

leech also a super pro willing to take on a no name dude coming in at 10lbs over, couldn't even show off his new suit
he da real mvp

i hope he walks out in that suit, it'd be a real g moment, would probably have to cut it up cuz of the gloves tho

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I have to imagine that fighters are weighing in constantly leading up to big event weigh-ins, to check progress
Khamzat was apparently advised by doctors to stop his weight cut. I imagine he was dehydrated enough to risk organ damage or something.

Weight cutting is stupid. EVERYONE would be better off if we could figure out a way just to have dudes fight at their natural weight. Safer for the fighters and better performances for the audience.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Khamzat was apparently advised by doctors to stop his weight cut. I imagine he was dehydrated enough to risk organ damage or something.

Weight cutting is stupid. EVERYONE would be better off if we could figure out a way just to have dudes fight at their natural weight. Safer for the fighters and better performances for the audience.

even one championship failed last week w/ their new weightcut

9 fucking failures?

there shouldn't be a weight class imo, there should just be a height class, then it wouldn't fucking matter and stephen struve can just reign supreme

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

there shouldn't be a weight class imo, there should just be a height class, then it wouldn't fucking matter and stephen struve can just reign supreme

I have to disagree there. Mass really is the most important physical attribute.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They need to have a "camp period" where the weigh ins are taken weekly all the way up to the day before the fight.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
DIdn't One FC just prove making up some new cutting rules or weigh-in times doesn't work?

If UFC changed anything it'd need to have serious USADA-like enforcement that fighters are afraid of. And suspension action would need to be done at least 2 weeks in advance of a fight ala "camp period" monitoring.

Captain Suave

One FC was on the right track with hydration testing. It needs to be done over a period of weeks in advance and pull the plug hard so fighters don't fuck around. The trouble is weight cutting is just totally ingrained in the culture of every combat sport.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
leech is the first fighter i've seen that can actually cook

everyone else just makes boiled chicken

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users