MMA Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Rose looked so much better at the bigger weight. Her footwork really is pretty fucking good for the women's division.

Goatface

UFC Saudi Arabia on ABC June 22 (so far)
1711639037232.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Is Shara blind in one eye?
appears so
1711653994904.png

from wikipedia
He suffered an injury to his right eye in 2016, and due to a lack of care, the condition worsened and required eight surgeries over the course of roughly a year and a half.

one site said he lost vision in it, but another one said, he lost the eye, but doesn't look like a fake to me. reportedly during sparing while in Thailand and lead to being unable to fight for 2-3 years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
appears so
View attachment 521886
from wikipedia
He suffered an injury to his right eye in 2016, and due to a lack of care, the condition worsened and required eight surgeries over the course of roughly a year and a half.

one site said he lost vision in it, but another one said, he lost the eye, but doesn't look like a fake to me. reportedly during sparing while in Thailand and lead to being unable to fight for 2-3 years.
looks like he can ONLY fight in abu dhabi b/c it is the only place that will sanction a 1 eye fighter for ufc

Goatface

UFC on ESPN 54
prelims on ESPN2 and ESPN+ at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT on Saturday.
main card then airs on ESPN and ESPN+ at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.

Erin Blanchfield (125) vs. Manon Fiorot (125.25)
Joaquin Buckley (170) vs. Vicente Luque (170)
Bruno Silva (186) vs. Chris Weidman (186)
Sedriques Dumas (185) vs. Nursulton Ruziboev (185)
Bill Algeo (146) vs. Kyle Nelson (145)
Rhys McKee (170.25) vs. Chidi Njokuani (170)
Nate Landwehr (145.25) vs. Jamall Emmers (145)
Lupita Godinez (115) vs. Virna Jandiroba (115)
Julio Arce (147)* vs. Herbert Burns (145)
Dennis Buzukja (145.25) vs. Connor Matthews (145)
Ibo Aslan (205) vs. Anton Turkalj (205)
Victoria Dudakova (125) vs. Melissa Gatto (125)
Jacob Malkoun (185) vs. Andre Petroski (186)
Caolan Loughran (135) vs. Angel Pacheco (135)

* Arce missed weight by one pound and has been fined 20% of his purse.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Weidman lost and said he was putting up the gloves?

It's worse, he lost 7 of his last 9 fights starting with Rockhold and 1 by decision

Last edited:

Goatface

I thought Weidman lost and said he was putting up the gloves?

It's worse, he lost 7 of his last 9 fights starting with Rockhold and 1 by decision
dana wanted/asked him to retire. weidman wanted another shot after last loss.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone watching this shit tonight? What is it going to take for the judging to be more open? And a ref stopping a fight with the dude still standing and coherent enough to know the stoppage is fucked up?

edit: this is one fucked up card.

Last edited:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
it ended with him getting eye poked and literally delivering a 1-2 eye poke in both eyes at the same time lmao

I saw the clip of his win. Weidman looked brutal and i would never guess it was a one sided fight 27-30.

Pawing or whatever isn't new but how do you fix it?

Last edited:

Goatface

I saw the clip of his win. Weidman looked brutal and i would never guess it was a one sided fight 27-30.

Pawing or whatever isn't new but how do you fix it?
from 4 years ago.

ufc owns the patient on the gloves they use (unless something has changed recently) and won't use someone else's gloves. think there a couple other promotions that use gloves with more of a curve.
while gloves wouldn't stop it, would make it easier for the ref to say they are "straight fingering" (lol) on purpose

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
from 4 years ago.

ufc owns the patient on the gloves they use (unless something has changed recently) and won't use someone else's gloves. think there a couple other promotions that use gloves with more of a curve.
while gloves wouldn't stop it, would make it easier for the ref to say they are "straight fingering" (lol) on purpose
If I remember right, UFC wanted to buy Trevor Whitman's design but he didn't want to sell out....he wanted to be the official supplier of gloves. Apparently the UFC didn't go for that.

The only place I heard this was from Rogan on his podcast, and I THINK it was an old episode with Gaethje. So take it with a grain of salt. But I'm pretty sure Trevor talked about it when him and Gaethje were on the podcast at the same time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If I remember right, UFC wanted to buy Trevor Whitman's design but he didn't want to sell out....he wanted to be the official supplier of gloves. Apparently the UFC didn't go for that.

The only place I heard this was from Rogan on his podcast, and I THINK it was an old episode with Gaethje. So take it with a grain of salt. But I'm pretty sure Trevor talked about it when him and Gaethje were on the podcast at the same time.
he's made those/patented for 10years, aint nuttin gonna happen

it's a legit strategy to poke out a dudes eye

2 nut shots and 2 eye pokes will probably get a point deduction at most

so why not just keep on poking? change the rules dick shot/eye poke is immediate point deduction 10% of purse and all of a sudden eyespokies never happen anymore

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user