MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good album of slams someone posted on /r/mma

Slams Suplexes - Imgur

Also there's a pretty damn nice card on Saturday we aren't discussing. Hendricks vs. Lawler should be outstanding. And Condit/Woodley as well, because Condit is fighting.

Plus we'll see if Diego Sanchez can get his ass whipped again but somehow get the decision by acting like a spaz.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I am excited about Hendricks vs. Lawler. I am definitely picking Hendricks for the fight.

Plus we'll see if Diego Sanchez can get his ass whipped again but somehow get the decision by acting like a spaz.
It's funny because it's true.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My DVR didn't DVR Bellator last week, so I missed everything. But apparently some internet sleuths are suggesting Mark Holata threw his fight against Alexander Volkov.

Mark_Holata_vs._Alexander_Volkov.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, that did look questionable at best. What the fuck, those short little shots took him off his feet?

Edit: Well, maybe not. Watching it a few times and I suppose a couple of those shots did appear to hit him right on the chin. So it could be legit I guess.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why the fuck is Jake Shields on the main card of a PPV? Is the UFC obligated by contract to put him on there?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jack Slack: The Evolution of Robbie Lawler | FIGHTLAND

Made my picks for this event, but I don't know if I'll bother anymore after this one.
Yeah I was going to do the same. It has been just the two of us the last 2-3 cards, so not much point since I just keep kicking your ass anyways
biggrin.png

Why the fuck is Jake Shields on the main card of a PPV? Is the UFC obligated by contract to put him on there?
I think it is actually to showcase Lombard since he is on the rise.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I don't even have Adam to compete with. It's...not good for my ego. Though to be fair I give even fewer fucks on this one than the old Sherdog one. I'd do a little research there on fights.

Not that I did any good there...

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like Hendricks was 1.5 pounds over at the weigh in, and only has an hour to drop it. If he doesn't make weight it becomes a 3 round fight apparently. I am guessing that means no title? This could get interesting.

Edit: Apparently he has 2 hours.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Christ Hendricks looks dehydrated as fuck. This weight cut may have hurt him. Wonder if he can recover in time to get some endurance back for the fight.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Didn't he say that he walks around at 220 and trains and (ideally) fights at 200? That's a crazy cut to 170, and has to get harder the older he gets.