MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Never gonna happen so they shouldn't try at all? Meh. IMO, enforce it completely, get rid of half of the UFC fighters for a year and watch the event quantity drop while the quality rises. Let's get back to 2005 quantity. The UFC can easily afford a few million dollars a year to strike some fear into cheaters.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The reason athlete keep doping is that the cost of getting caught is less than the rewards gained by increased performance. No testing regime will ever be perfect, so the only way to really discourage people is to make the penalties so extreme that getting caught is a really scary prospect. I guarantee you'd see a hue decrease in PED use if getting popped voided your professional record, hit you with big chunk of your previous purses in fines, and got you a lifetime ban from future competition.

Failing something like that, it's all a farce. Personally, I think they should go the other way and provide high-quality medical supervision of everyone's steroid, TRT, and HGH prescriptions.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Or it could be summer fight cards = blockbusters. Not a bad plan. Summer is the traditional lull in sports when there's only baseball.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reem is fuckingdone.

ApprehensiveEnlightenedAuk.gif

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they are both 35. Only difference is Silva gets KTFO all his recent fights where Mir loses some Decisions. Silva has won 2 out of his seven last fights and got KTFO in 4 of them...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, while I think he was a bit overrated (and definitely juicing at one point, thanks FrankenMir), I always sort of hope he pulls off the win. He just seems like an underdog that you can root for, you know? Now it's just Arlovski for the win in May and the HW division might be interesting again.