MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
Streamable - simple video sharing

tumblr_nbgmfeUOOR1qfrkf9o3_250.gif

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I think the general consensus is that Rothwell just goes out there, does random shit and it somehow works. The only thing more baffling would be if Bader KO'd Rumble.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Immediate take down was the right idea. Getting outmaneuvered and holding onto that Kimura for dear life was absolutely not. He went out within three shots once Rumble opened up, and he was out fucking cold. Rumble vs Jones please, it will be Jones last test before heavyweight.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But it was a terrible takedown. He was nowhere near close enough and barely even reached Rumble's ankle.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Thought it was a KO...it seemed uneventful. Wish they had some different angles of those blows reigning down on Bader. Overall, it was an alright card. Definitely didn't see Barnett getting tapped out.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Northcutt was actually transitioning from strikes to takedowns pretty well. But ffs, all he had to do to defend that arm-triangle was put his right hand on the back of his own neck.
That can occasionally help, but won't stop someone who's good with arm triangles. Regardless, Sage certainly seemed lost and definitely should not have been finished like that from inside his own half guard.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bader had one of those, "This guy can kill me in one punch, better try an awful Hail Mary-takedown here" moments.

And I know Sage has had a ton of schooling and stuff, but dude clearly lacks applying that in a real fight scenario.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sage got scared and quit.

Bader was too scared to take a shot. Can't fight like that. Just rewatched the AJ vs DC fight and DC is a beast.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jones will still crush DC in his comeback fight. Would be nice to see Jones eat some humble pie though...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jones will still crush DC in his comeback fight. Would be nice to see Jones eat some humble pie though...
I think the vast majority of fans want Jones to lose his comeback fight. I don't see it happening, though. Guy fights very differently from most LHWs, and DC got schooled when he tangled with him the first time. As much as I don't like him, Jones is probably still the best MMA guy in the game.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not really about who has lost recently, it's just Dana and his favorites. The gif isn't brand new, it's from right after Ronda lost. The rest of them were still golden at the time.