MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea who won that fight. Round 1 clearly O'Connell, and round 2 clearly Bosse. Round 3 I would lean towards Bosse, but in no way was it clear cut.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand that 29-27 card, but whatever.

Cerrone once again looks like a total beast. Love watching that guy fight.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This fight has been a pretty big letdown. I expected fireworks out of these guys.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Expected more but Rory still got worked. Guess he can still clean up in Bellator well enough though.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Calderwood going beast-mode was fun to see. Cerrone was bitching about his pay ($79k with the $50k bonus,"According to my pay, I don't mean shit to the UFC") and I don't blame him, having to rely on bonuses to cover expenses is bullshit. Calderwood made a comment that she might not have the funds to keep training at Tristar because she didn't get a bonus? I don't know, the pay issue has never been a good one.

On the other end of the spectrum, Fedor being given that win over Maldanado on EFN was just sad. I'm a huge Fedor homer, but FFS. As time goes on I keep hoping more and more that Fedor will stay as far away as possible from the UFC, because I honestly think he'll just get chewed up. I think he physically took a nosedive kind of like Bigfoot seemed to have taken, and I don't want to keep seeing him either fighting cans in random promotions or getting his face pushed in.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would prefer he stay away, so he doesn't end up as another Fedor or Spider and get beaten by guys who couldn't touch them in their heyday. I mean it would be interesting to see how he handles Bisping and/or McGregor, but guy hasn't fought in a couple of years, and not because he was injured.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really enjoyed when he straight raped Koschek with standup, but yeah generally speaking he's one of if not the safest fighter in MMA history. Usually not exciting at all.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think we can all blame Matt Serra for that. GSP was far more exciting a fighter until he got KO'd by Serra. After that he turned into super safe mode fighter and never took chances again. He simply relied on his jab and superior wrestling.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Man, a lot of primo Dana White comments after he went on UFC Unfiltered

On Fedor:
"They were going to let him die before they stopped that fight, you know that? But a testament to how tough and durable and mentally strong Fedor is, man. He was out. He was out. Literally, when he got back up ... when a guy is on crazy legs the way that he was on crazy legs, and it's not like he was on crazy legs and able to avoid punches after that. He continued to get hit with bombs by Maldonado and he made it through it. But I'll tell you this: Those refs were willing to let him die before they stopped that fight, No. 1. And No. 2, Fedor's got a chin and he's a tough guy. We've been negotiating for many, many, many years. I'll tell you this: Fight Pass did very well with that fight, so people do still want to watch Fedor."
Also Dana kept taking dumps on Ariel. He's clearly still not a fan of what went down, even though Ariel and Co. got reinstated.

UF1: Dana White

EDIT: Also LOL at Dana going off about the Calderwood/Cerrone pay thing (around 37m in). Cerrone was saying $79k and and now Dana is saying $200k. No idea how that breaks down.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That knockout was brutal. I'm scared for Schilling's long term health after the two knockouts he has suffered against Kato.