MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This can't be a title fight anymore, right? Is Conor still going to be champ after all this bullshit? I can't believe it. Fucking Dana hedging his bets saying Conor would be stripped "as soon as the fight starts" he knew it never would!

Needless

Toe Sucker
he's just going to sabotage all fights that involve losing his title until the end of time
300 IQ mcgregor

Fedor

<Banned>
dyqNSyN.jpg

• 1Triggered
  • 1Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Discount charges for Conor. 3 counts petty assault and 1 count mischief. Won't affect his visa.

Lotta tough talk, but at the end of the day the charges do not reflect what happened. Conor still has a lot of fans at the NYPD. If they "weren't fans anymore" like Dana said, they would have shoved it up his ass and got him deported. Obviously not the case.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Only Khabib is fighting for the belt. Al was over by .2 lbs so he won't get to fight for it. Kinda sucks, he weighed in early and couldn't made that no problem. Khabib opens as -1050 favorite. Iaquinta +550 underdog I think is what I saw.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol @ Conor's charges not being serious.

His relationship with the NYPD has zero fucking influence with the King's County DA, and the NYPD leadership and New York state law enforcement. They charged him with 2 felony assult charges, and criminal mischief. They will probably drop mischief, but depending on how those 2 injured fighters feel, and whether or not they want to pursue Conor for damages in civil court, he is leaving this as a convicted felon in the United States. Floyd Mayweather s a convicted felon, so it wont matter much, but this guy is going to lose a ton of money on his legal defense and loss of sponsorship revenues.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not seeing any felonies in the source I had. I got 3 counts petty in the initial charges recommended.

Felony charges could be fake news AFAIK. I'm going off the initial report. Very skeptical of the hype machine.

I'm guessing NYPD recommended him for 3 petty assault charges because they were fans, and just taking you at your word, the DA's office upgraded it to felony assault and arraigned him. Overzealous and malicious prosecution going against the NYPD recommendation on charges per usual. Due to the NYPD recommendation of misdemeanor assault I think the DA's office will eventually take that into account and he will be able to plea down to it.

Last edited:

Goatface

Borg has "Corneal Abrasions" which isn't that bad, but do take 1-3 days to go away
still not seen Chiesa's face, supposedly he thought he was good to go,

it should be "3rd Degree Assault" which is a misdemeanor
to get felony someone has to get really hurt or try to hurt them with a known deadly weapon

the other guy reportedly punched someone, so he could get a felony

2nd Degree Criminal Mischief (Class D Non-Violent Felony) which is damage over $1500
reportedly he did $8k damage to the bus

--
anyway, anyone else think both rose and joanna looked bad.
Jonna even more so

-
also
rumor - Max was 159 at 9am
the NYSAC official told him to stop based on his appearance/actions

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
See to me this is great news, because it means there's a decent chance the UFC kicks this piece of gutter trash to the curb where he belongs.
Not a chance he is by far the biggest star in MMA. The sport needs him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

More footage since UFC's Embedded camera's were there too.

Makes it feel even more staged :)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
lol, the look on Artem's face when he realized what just happened... "I regret everything"

OP48Zlv.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah not seeing any felony assault on there as Jozu previously reported.

So no violent felonies. He's good.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Conor has gone off the deep end. Shame. Money and fame can ruin a person and the dude has lost his shit. I hope this is his rock bottom and he turns it around.

Sort of related, but Khabib is in his head. Conor had always won the mental warfare game, but this time Khabib has broken Conor before they even booked the fight. Kudos for Khabib for manipulating Artem and destroying his opponent. Bravo.

UFC is in trouble. They need good fights to sell and their big draws (top "talent") have quickly evaporated. TUF might feature the best fights until July. Bring back the Diaz brothers!!!